
So here's how it has gone:
Tues-negative
Wed-positive
Thurs-negative
Fri-didn't test
Sat-positive
Does anyone know what this might mean? I tried to google it, but it's not an easy concept to condense to a search term. I know too much LH could mean PCOS, but that doesn't explain the negative test in there (not to mention that the last time I had blood work done my LH level was normal). It appears to be surging, stopping, then surging again. I have read that it is not out of the ordinary to have up to three or four positives in a row, so maybe I just didn't pee on it long enough on Thursday. I also wonder if this has anything to do with my follicles not rupturing. I had hoped this problem would clear up after my surgery, but Dr. Hilgers did say he thought the two things were unrelated. I really would love some answers on all of this, but I guess this is another opportunity to practice patience. I'll have answers at some point.
As for our first support group meeting this morning, no one showed! It was just the three of us, but that was fine. We went out to breakfast and had a great time.
Update - Fertilized's comment reminded me that I also had that thought initially, that the darker pink line isn't even a solid line. Maybe the test is screwed up, because isn't the line to the right supposed to be fairly dark all the time? I've never seen it so light before. If anyone has any expertise in this area, please let me know!
(Sorry, that wasn't much of a big "update." More of a "I'm really bored and looking far too much into this" type of thing.)
Well it is possible we are dealing with the same thing (LUFs).
ReplyDeleteAND if that is the case - P has spent the entire afternoon reading up on it from Hilgers' textbook. With the use of HCG and HMG (gonadotropin), there is a very high success rate!!! And I mean very high - like 22 out of 26 people ovulated.
I used to take OPKs and decided to stop doing it b/c I always had 4 to 5 days of positive results. Now I know why. Guess my body was trying to ovulate but couldn't.
It sounds like another round of ultrasound would be very helpful now that you are post-op to see what is happening!
PS - I think that you are brave to start a support group. I am not sure I could do that! I have no doubt it will be a tremendous source of encouragement to each of you!
ReplyDeleteAnd it might be best to start out small so you can get to know one another better.
Hope this isn't too much a$$vice, but it's what I was told when I had confusing OPKs. I have borderline PCOS (basically my dr hesitates to make an official diagnosis for insurance purposes) and was told that I could temp and take OPKs all I wanted, but they may or may not be that accurate. I've had the same issues as you when using the OPKs - they show surging, but never a "peak" for me. Even though you're getting a second line on the OPK, it's probably not "positive" (as in you should have timed intercourse over the next 24-48 hours) because the second line isn't as dark or darker than the control line. Temping has the same effect for me - it kind of looks like a mountain range, up and down and up and down.
ReplyDeleteI know this isn't very helpful, but it might help explain your shift in results over the last few days. All the best! :)
Oh, one more thing I just thought of. Some brands of OPKs actually have "warnings" on the packaging that they may not be as effective for women with PCOS due to the crazy homonal fluctuations - so it's like these companies know about it, but there's nothing they can do to fix it. Frustrating!
ReplyDeleteall above comments are great - here is one more thing i thought of - that line is not entirely dark - it could mean that you are on the back side of ovulation .. the surge could be still in your system but fading ? just a guess
ReplyDeletePS - i dislike Ovulation sticks as much as hcg sticks