Monday, March 24, 2008

CD 31

I decided not to take the pregnancy test because I had some brown spotting this morning, which is much more like what happens before I get my period. About the same time as I discovered that, PPVI called back. The nurse said Dr. Hilgers will likely have me get a pregnancy blood test. But if that is ruled out, then it likely means I had an anovulatory cycle - too much mucus and spotting due to low progesterone. That's great but I have no idea if I have low progesterone because I haven't had it tested since last April and it was normal then. I want to get blood work so bad! And so much for spotting meaning that at least something new was happening. It probably just means that I'm not ovulating, just like I never ovulate. Oh - and they never got my temperature charting that we mailed to them a couple weeks ago with a million temperatures on it taken on a million days, and of course we didn't make a copy. So that will need to be done over.

So now I have to call my Creighton teacher and she has to teach me how to distinguish peak-type mucus days from the extra peak type mucus days (the ones you'd chart in yellow). The best news is that the nurse said this could take a couple cycles to learn, so I can't have any blood drawn until then. I just knew it. I knew after my surgery that something would happen to prevent me from moving forward and finding out what's wrong. I knew I wouldn't get blood work like I was supposed to. And look what happens. Just simple blood work?! The first month I can't find a lab in all of Virginia to take it, and now I have too much mucus? What will it be next time?!

It's just hard because I just want to know what is wrong, and it seems like I'm stuck in slow motion. Okay, I have to calm down! This is happening in God's time, and right now God thinks it should be moving this slowly. I came across a quote from C.S. Lewis (I saw it on Danielle Bean) that sums up exactly what is at the heart of my problem:

We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be. -- C.S. Lewis

Now I'll just wait for PPVI to call back.

7 comments:

  1. Hey There! Thanks for commenting on my blog! It definitely seems like we have a lot in common. I'm sorry you haven't had any luck yet, despite your priest's optimistic views. I have a feeling we will be in a the same boat. I need to catch up on your blog since I haven't visited before. But it is nice finding someone else who is so similar to me! Good luck with this cycle! I will be checking in to see if you get any good news over the next couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that is so cool that you are working with Dr. Hilgers!!! I hope he can help make this miracle happen for you (along with God, of course!).

    I met with a nurse practioner a few months ago who sudied under Dr. Hilgers. We didn't end up continuing to work with her since we were already doing what she was teaching and we don't seem to have ovulation or CM problems.

    Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that it is great you are working with one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how frustrating! I hope you find out very soon what's happening and that it's good news rather than bad! I did have weird pains off and on after surgery, too--for quite a while. I just noticed recently that some of the pains had gone away without my noticing! It's so hard for me to be patient, so I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about all this.

    I can't wait until you have some post-op answers on what is happening with your hormones and ovulations.

    (hey - is there any way you can still get some ultrasounds done this upcoming cycle? I know they can be quite expensive so perhaps you would prefer to do it alongside your blood draws to get a better picture for what is happening, but I thought it might be a thought)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lifehopes - I asked today about the ultrasounds and the nurse said they don't order them unless Dr. Hilgers has you on Clomid or something that would make a difference. She said otherwise nothing will have changed (I thought it was not uncommon for women to have annovulatory or unruptured follicles from time to time, then have normal cycles? Maybe I was wrong). I told her that it would mean I'd have to spend a few days in NJ and I'm in a position to do it now, so she said she'd tell him that. I really suspect, though, that they'll tell me it will be a while before I have ultrasounds done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That doesn't seem right. YOu should just be able to do it if you want to - you're paying for them!

    ReplyDelete