Sunday, March 23, 2008

And still waiting

Happy Easter! In honor of Easter, here's a picture of Sophie with her Easter dress on. I am not wearing my Easter dress, in case you didn't notice.

So a little news to report, but nothing definitive. I refuse to take a pregnancy test, so that hasn't been confirmed either way. But... about 45 minutes ago I got more red/pink spotting, or should I say "spot" because, again, it was just a little drop. I also had mucus with it (stretchy, like over an inch, and some was cloudy, but some was clear). I am also still having light cramping. Sometimes it is on my left side and sometimes it is in the middle, but low. Other miscellaneous information: it's cd 30.. I had weird leg sensations early last week that woke me up in the night (they are now gone and sometimes happens when I'm getting my period but not this bad).. I don't usually have clear/cloudy mucus before my period... also, my breasts are not sore (important because I know this can be an early pregnancy symptom and for me soreness is a sign I'm getting my period).

I'm trying not to think I am pregnant because I hate to overreact and chances are I am not. I spent many a cycle at the beginning of this journey thinking I was pregnant (with a 40-50 day cycle and thinking that I am a normal, fertile woman, why wouldn't I have thought that?). I am having some fillings done on Wednesday and while I'm not even sure if novacaine is banned during pregnancy, I figured I'd take a test that morning (if, of course, I don't have my period, and if I don't chicken out).

I will just say that no matter what, what is happening this month is brand new. I know I've said this in other posts, but it is worth repeating - I've never, ever had red spotting and I've never, ever had spotting followed by two and a half days of no spotting. I often have brown spotting, but it usually lasts for one to two days and is immediately followed by my period. There is a never a break between them. So I'm not sure what is happening. The only new thing this time is my medication, but I can't find any side effects like these listed.

My husband is so sweet and already wants to plan something fun to do if and when I get my period, so I'm thinking a manicure and pedicure! I will update this when my new cycle begins... (how's that for optimism?)

9 comments:

  1. Hey, you never know! I hope you get some great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared this all with P who said he thinks (and I agree) you need to take a test to rule out pregnancy first.

    Okay now I know how much you don't want to, but go do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - You are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing the picture!

    I just know you will be a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't think it's too early?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and does it need to be done first thing in the morning? (as you can tell, I really don't ever take them)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well how many days past ovulation do you think you are?

    I know you have had lots of mucus so that might be confusing, but when was your last peak day?

    Also, I do think first thing in the morning might be best.

    Just think : IF you are pregnant, and you are spotting ... getting some progesterone on board immediately could be vital. So you might want to know just to be sure.

    AND here is another strategic point: If you are assuming you aren't anyway, what can it hurt just to confirm? This is my attitude when I have to make myself test.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, technically I had peak-type mucus today! Not counting today, I am 6 days past my previous peak day. BUT I am eleven days past the day of my positive opk, which also had peak-type mucus. This has been a crazy cycle.

    I think what I will do is wait until tomorrow because I'm expecting a call back from PPVI (I called Friday thinking my new cycle had begun). If they don't call early though, then I'll take a test in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay - that sounds like a good plan - but I have heard that first morning urine is best b/c the pregnancy hormone has had time to build up.

    Well hang in there and try not to stress too much.

    If it makes you feel any better, I am going to have to "swallow the same pill" (meaning, take a stupid test) on Friday before this wedding and oh how I am dreading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope this is IT for you!!!!

    And you look so sweet and pretty!!!

    Well, I had taken numerous preggy tests in the past...even did blood tests on two occasions!

    Yes, I agree you should test!

    ReplyDelete