Monday, March 24, 2008

News from PPVI

Well the nurse from PPVI called back this evening and said Dr. Hilgers does want me to get a pregnancy blood test, so I will have that done in the morning. Not that it matters, but I won't know the results until Wednesday because they are closed tomorrow for the Feast of the Annunciation. I had more spotting this afternoon so I'm 99.9% sure I'm not pregnant. Actually I'm 200% sure I'm not pregnant now that I think about it (I even had an ice cream sundae today to "celebrate" my non-pregnancy). I'm physically incapable of becoming pregnant. I don't even release eggs.

Speaking of eggs, the good news is that Dr. Hilgers would like me to have an ultrasound series done (I guess it pays to ask!). The bad news is I don't think I can do it this month because we're supposed to go on vacation with my family right around the time I will likely be having an "ovulatory event." And since I have to drive six hours to New Jersey to have the series done, it's a big ordeal. That's fine though, I'll just do it in May. The only thing that will be disappointing about it is it will be a wasted month because my husband won't be able to go with me since he will be working. I guess it has to be done though. Luckily I have relatives that live about 30 minutes from the doctor, so hopefully I can stay with them. I just hope that we can time it right and that I can get there right before the follicle is set to release (not that it will release, but you know what I mean), otherwise who knows how long I'll have to be there. I really don't want to go by myself and leave my husband, but I just have to remember that it's for the greater good.

The other good news is they found the sheet with my temps on it! Yay!

Okay, I have to go watch Britney on HIMYM.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is great news about the ultrasound series!!!

    (and the temp sheet!)

    If Dr. Hilgers thinks pregnancy needs to be ruled out, then maybe there is a chance. (besides from the fact that you haven't started yet... are you late?)

    Well I am sorry you are having to test. I hate testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have no idea what is late for me. My cycles are always different lengths, and I've had peak mucus right on through to yesterday! If you base it on my positive opk (which PPVI doesn't recognize), then it's only been 12 days. So I guess under no circumstances am I late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well?

    I'm dying over here!! :)

    ReplyDelete