Friday, March 21, 2008

Just waiting...

Well I called PPVI and the woman who answered the phone said I won't get a call back until Monday. Okay, so I just have to work on not obsessing about this until then. Most of all I am curious whether this means I can't get my blood drawn. If my cycle hasn't begun, then the day for my blood draw is Monday.

So far I haven't officially gotten my period. And the spotting last night was red, which I've never had before (I usually have a day or so of brown spotting). Does that mean something? Anways, today there is no sign of anything. I think there's a rule in charting that if you have spotting, then no spotting for x number of days, then it's still part of your previous cycle, not a new one. That might be what ends up happening with me. Then again, I might get my period an hour from now. Who knows! I just am so curious what is going on. Do I have a luteal phase defect? Are my follicles not rupturing? Do I have too much mucus? Ahhhh!

I'll update later...

5 comments:

  1. I am wondering, should you take a pregnancy test?

    Couldn't hurt. You're already assuming you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing: I think the protocol calls for a blood draw on cycle day 5. So that means that even if today ends up being CD1, waiting til Monday doesn't mean you can't do hormone evaluation this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't even thinking about the protocol (is that when you have blood tests throughout the cycle?). Would it be out of line for me to ask the nurse if I can have that? They haven't done that ever with me.

    (By the way, I don't know if I can bring myself to take a test!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is where you have blood drawn throughout the cycle. Have you had this done before?

    P really wanted to wait until after my surgery to see what my hormone levels would be because he thinks it can change after removing all the pathology.

    I am not sure whether Hilgers believes the same, (you should add this to your list of questions!) but if he does, then I would say you wouldn't be out of line to ask for it to begin this cycle. Especially if you have someone who can write you a script for it. And you can have the results sent directly to Hilgers.

    I will say that it is going to be expensive. We are not looking forward to getting that bill in the mail! (thankfully our insurance covers part of it).

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I've never had one before, but I'm definitely going to ask for it. The only blood work they've ever done with me was a peak+7 draw a year ago that tested a bunch of things. That's where I found out my prolactin and testosterone were high. Other than those two things, everything else was normal. I can't wait to find out what a new blood work shows.

    ReplyDelete