Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sinking in

Today was a great day. I think it's just starting to really sink in that my life has become exactly what I've been dreaming about for so long. It's better than I could ever have imagined!

We love this little girl like crazy. I worried for a long time that it wouldn't be the same, that adoption would somehow be lacking something. And while I don't know firsthand what it would be like to have a biological child, I can't imagine that it's any more magical than this.

As I walked up for communion at Mass this morning, Ryan and Clara behind me, all I could think about was how, for five years, I've walked towards the Eucharist feeling as if the crown of thorns was upon my head. But, today, I felt like Christ after the Resurrection. There are so many incarnations of Jesus, and we experience all of them at different times of our lives. He was there beside me when it was painful, and He is here with me now as we rejoice.

And now some more pictures, since I know that's what most of you are waiting for anyways...

Meeting L for the very first time


With L's son E, who looks so huge next to Clara! And it was so cute, he was rubbing her head!


With Aunt Ashley


Clara's first night in her bassinet







42 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! She is so lovely! I love the picture of her and baby E. together...two precious little miracles! Clara is very blest to be welcomed into your hearts and home. We are so happy and praying for you all. Thank you for sharing your amazing story! God is so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is beautiful and so lucky to have you as parents! I feel such a warmth in my heart as I have followed you for sometime on this journey. I can totally relate to your feeling when walking up to communion. May God continue to bless you and your new little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting all the updates! The picture of Ethan and Clara is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you. I well remember that wonderful feeling of going to Mass for the first time with our babies...what joy!!!
    I agree...I can't imagine loving my children any more than if I had given birth to them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think that feeling of love changes when you do have the "biological" experience at all... people I know who have both (some adopted first, some adopted after bio. child/ren) feel exactly the same way as you do :)

    What a blessing. I knew God had something amazing in store for you, but even I couldn't have conjured up this miracle in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Your world seems so different! And I read this and didn't cry...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great shot of Clara and R, and I love the shot of her with baby E. Clara is so tiny and so precious!

    As for the magic of it all, I have never adopted, but I imagine in many ways adopting is actually more magical than having a biological child. I know my first days with a new baby (I've done it 4 times now), are full of discomfort, and a lot of postpartum hormones! I have always wished I could have a baby without all the biological stuff making me a crazy woman ;-)

    I continue to be so overjoyed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just so so so so so happy for you and your new little family! I LOVE seeing updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of mine is adopted, one is a bun in the oven, and I can assure you there is *no way* I could love a child more than my daughter.
    As much? I'm sure I will.
    More? Not a chance.
    You love every one of your children to the fullest capacity of your heart, period.
    Thanks for the update, and although I ***LOVE*** seeing the photos, I am equally looking forward to the posts of you basking in the glow of motherhood! So thanks for that.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that last one got me teary!
    She is SOOO incredibly perfect!

    Still smiling for you guys over here!!! thanks for sharing these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey K - I just saw that Jennifer at Conversion Diary listed your blog post about your encounter with the woman at the adoration chapel as One of the 10 Best Links of 2009. I still remember that blog post and can't get over the incredible gift of that woman and then also the incredible gift that you have now in Clara. Thought you might want to know about the posting at Jen's blog:

    http://www.conversiondiary.com/2010/01/10-best-links-of-2009.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clara is so completely adorable. My hopes and prayers for this precious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love coming back here, even if I am pretty sure you won't have updated, I love looking at your happy faces.

    God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!!!! And I love your "about me" update! Brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and God Bless your little family! I just found your blog tonight and have been reading for an hour. I am a grandma now, but in the past 33 years I have gone through pregnancy, infertility, surgery, foster care, pregnancy again and adoption both privately and through foster care. Now my eldest is continuing our tradition of adoption from foster care. I wrote a post on my blog about her, complete with pictures. I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance. http://lorimcktia.blogspot.com/2009/10/there-are-those-who-think-families.html You're going to be very busy now! Wishing you all the joy that a family can hold. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so thrilled for you guys. What a PERFECT family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clara is absolutely precious! And you are glowing! Congratulations, again. May the Lord continue to bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy for you reading this!! I'm sure church as a mom is an amazing experience. Isn't it awesome how God's plans are/were so much more awesome than you had imagined?! Thanks for giving me hope that that's true for my journey to motherhood, too (HUG). Enjoy your baby girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home, little Clara! She has such an adorable little face and I am sure you just cannot stop staring at her! I would.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy for you guys :) And, I have a feeling she's going to be the most photographed baby EVER. Which is great, because she's adorable and I love seeing pictures of her!!

    Praise God! He is so good :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all so adorable! I do have to say that photographs don't even capture her full cuteness- I had a much better picture when she was in my arms! She is just so precious! :)
    E misses his new little buddy already! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Magical. Yep...that about describes it! And yep...your a real mother!

    K--I have to tell you that this last week, reading your blog has been a much-needed reminder that God is still near, even when I feel He is not. So thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. You and your story have touched so many lives. I feel honored to have been able to follow you along on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh K that post made me cry. You are right there is NO difference. We love our children,period. God is with us always, even when we dont' feel Him there..........

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was the same exact experience I had when I went to church when I was pregnant. Cup overflowing full is what I felt, but God's presence was illuminated even in my darkest hours, He was always there....

    Love the pics! I can't wait for more insights!

    Enjoy your first day at home, on a Monday, being a STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She really is precious and just so tiny! Ethan and her will be great friends I can tell:)
    You're new life is off to a very HAPPY start:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so happy for your family! What a blessing. The power of a miracle is unbeliavable as I have three miracles. Good luck to you and your hubby and try to get some sleep and enjoy every single second with baby C. What a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, those pictures are adorable! She is so small next to Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So is perfect!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful. Enjoy every moment with her. I kept thinking she looked so much bigger these past few days, but seeing her in the bassinet and then with the pacifier, it reminded me of how tiny and precious she is. Still would like to send something for Clara if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am loving all these pics! She's to tiny! E does look huge next to her! haha.

    Can't wait to hear more about the day and how you're feeling through all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Magical indeed. :) When you mentioned going to Communion with your husband and daughter behind you -- isn't that the MOST amazing thing? Going to mass the first time after we adopted our daughter was indescribable. God bless all of you - and I, too, loved your "About Me" update -- let the fun of being a stay-at-home mommy begin! It is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm soo happy for you both, she is beautiful!

    I still look at my little yet humongous miracle and think WOW she's real.

    Congrats and enjoy!! God Bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations! I found your blog today from a link at Conversion Diary, your story is amazing! Little Clara is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  34. My favourite photo is little Clara with E! I can foresee that those two might get into mischief together when they're older!

    ReplyDelete
  35. i thought I commented here but I guess I didn't...

    K--I could just imagine you going up to communion. That image is still in my mind. I love it.

    You're a dear. Enjoy these newborn days which will go so quickly!! Rest when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I second Leila. Your About Me... Oh, K... that has brought tears to my eyes.
    God is good. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  37. She is absolutely precious!! Thanks for sharing your photos of the early days of motherhood with the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Clara is a sweet baby girl. I love the Daddy, just precious. Looking forward to your posts about motherhood and life with a little one. Amazing how life changes in the blink of an eye. It was just a week or so ago we were still praying for this to happen. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You were right, E is so big next to her! They are both so beautiful though, I can see they are going to have fun making trouble for their mothers one day! They will be chasing each other around the house while yall try to visit!

    Hope all is going well!

    How soon does she get to see her pediatrician?

    I am praying that all continues to go perfectly well!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the picture of Clara and E. How great that they will likely be able to grow up as friends. She does look so tiny compared to him!

    I love the way you describe your communion experience.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Found your link somewhere today! Congratulations on your precious blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete