Saturday, January 9, 2010

Clara meets her family...

...and they loved her, of course! We're heading home now to Richmond, where she'll be in her home for the first time and she'll meet Sophie Belle. We're hoping that goes well!

For now though, some more pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Meeting her grandma and aunts



With cousin Jonny



He was hysterical with her! He must have decided he wanted to hold her like this, so before we knew it he just moved her to his shoulder!



Smiling at grandma (or having gas!)

24 comments:

  1. Oh. my. gosh.

    She gets more beautiful by the day, and your family is beautiful (congrats to them!) and Jonny is a regular pro!

    :)

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, someone needs to adjust the date on the camera!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure seems to me that this cute little girl has put on a little weight since you picker her up. She sure is adorable!

    (Cathy's husband)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos!! She is such a beauty...and how wonderful to meet her family! I really like the one of her and Jonny....SO CUTE how he's holding her!! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she even looks tiny with Johnny holding her! how adorable!

    your family looks enamored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Sew thinks she is adorable!

    I can't believe it! Love it! Sew Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just DARLING!!! thanks for humoring all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's adorable. I think she looks like she has grown in the past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, grandma brings out the gas in her :) Hahaha!!
    That smile is adorable!!

    Can't wait to see her in her home!! When is your ETA?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Congratulations!!

    As a NICU nurse I'm compelled to dole out the same advice I give all new parents, ESPECIALLY those whose babies arrived early: Please make sure everyone thoroughly washes their hands every time before they touch or hold her. Trust me, you do not want to subject her to painful tests if she runs a fever this young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love the photos! How cute she is with her cousin!

    Safe journey back to Richmond!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so funny that Christa said that. I was trying so hard not to be medical minded so I could just enjoy beautiful Clara. She is right, that is why you heard me say "Let me wash my hands before I hold her :)"
    Praying for continued good health! I am so glad that everyone fell in love with her, but how could they not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I missed some info along the way, but how old is she at this point?

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so unbelievably cute! I can't get enough.

    Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, so cute! I definitely think she looks like she has put on some weight. Keep up the good work Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh! That last one is such a great photo of her! Her little grin-she's precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i just found your blog by reading "two plus one equals three" and i am so happy for you. we have an adopted son and a foster son and isn't it such a blessing to become an instant mommy? the love is incredible isn't it?
    congratulations to you, and she is a beautiful little one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. Thanks for sharing her pics with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm ever-so-(im)patiently awaiting the "Coming Home" post... but I suppose it's not too much to ask if you need some time to unwind and focus on your new baby in your home for the first time without constantly reporting back to blogosphere ;)

    But I'll be expecting it TOMORROW!!!

    Happy Baptism of Our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally agree with Beth -- that's a smile!! She's just beautiful. Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Argh! I am so sorry I haven't commented on your last few posts! I just recently switched google accounts and had to re-input all my blogs into google reader and somehow I missed yours! So I kept thinking you hadn't updated your blog! (which I guess I sorta thought was understandable considering you are now the mommy of a beautiful baby girl) But obviously I am a moron and just realized...wait a minute, her blog isn't even ON the list!!!!

    Anyway, enough about me, I am just so excited for you! I absolutely loved all the pictures! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this experience with us. It has been such a blessing! For so long I had only been thinking of the sad part of adoption (from the birthmother point of view) and you have reminded me of the joyous and beautiful part of adoption and it has given me renewed peace about where we are headed! I will be praying for you, R, and Clara! God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's so adorable and so tiny. I too am looking forward to the "Clara comes home" post

    ReplyDelete