So we leave for my big doctor's appointment tomorrow. We'll head up to stay with FJIEJ, which I am very excited about! And then the appointment is early in the morning (really early - before 8 a.m.) on Thursday.
Before Clara, I planned on being completely prepared for the appointment, with notes and a game plan, but that has all been thrown out the window. I am way too busy to worry about that now, so I'm going to wing it. It probably wouldn't have mattered anyways.
I'm going to focus on just getting completely healthy, hormonally speaking, and also preventing another surgery, as much as that is possible. I also wouldn't mind finding out what is actually causing my infertility. That'd be nice. I tend to think something isn't clicking right at ovulation, so hopefully he will have some insight into that.
You all continue to be in my prayers. I really feel called lately to pray for all the infertility bloggers, and many of you by name. Now that I know just how joyful life can be, I just want it to happen for all of you right now!
At adoration today, I imagined what it must have been like for God to listen to me crying for so many years, begging Him to deliver me from my suffering, as He, all along, knew that He would be giving Clara to me on January 6, 2010. I picture Christ and Our Lady, wanting to reach out to me, wanting to tell me that it would all be fine, more than fine, very soon. And I believe they did, a number of times, in different ways. It was those life lines that kept me going.
Well, Clara is waking up so I have to go, but just please know that you are all on my heart. I wish I could post more, and once I get better at juggling everything, I will. I will update about my appointment on either Thursday or Friday. I know many of you will be seeing this very doctor in the weeks and months ahead, so I'll give you all the low down!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Big appointment this week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats again on your babe! I watched your documentry trailer and it looks great!
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well with the appointment!
ReplyDeleteHe's fantastic, you will love him. Now if only he would get back to me and my repeated attempts at contacting him! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for you tomorrow am! I KNOW, I don't think, that he will have new insight for you into all of this IF business.
Good luck with the appointment!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck at your appointment! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about this much-anticipated appointment with Dr. S!! :)
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best... and still praying for you! : )
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how it all goes!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about the appointment! It sounds like you need to get Dr. S to call TCIE back.
ReplyDeleteCAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! And of course Ryan and Clara. :)
ReplyDeleteWe can sit down and put together a list for Dr. S tonight if you want. :)
I often wonder if He knows the plan, why can't I be in on it? LOL. I love a good plan.
ReplyDeleteYeah for the appointment! I am glad that you are still pursuing this. I'm sure FJIJ could help you brainstorm before your appointment, if you find time to talk about it with all the other exciting things going on. Have a great trip and I look forward to hearing how it goes.
ReplyDeletePrayers for an informative appointment and thank you for continuing to share your journey with us. I love thinking that God has a child picked out for us.
ReplyDeletePrayers for you! I know you'll love him. He's sort of the complete opposite of Dr. Hilgers as far as personality goes. Much more down to earth, humble and better bedside manner IMO.
ReplyDeleteHe really is a gifted doctor. If I hadn't already had surgery once before with him, I probably wouldn't have canceled my appt with him that was scheduled in 2 weeks.
good luck! Praying for yall!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I like the idea of you getting him to call me back!! Can you imagine? "Hello, K and R, it's so nice to meet you." "Hi, Dr. S. So... when are you going to be calling TCIE back??"
ReplyDeleteHahaha!
I am so psyched for tomorrow- E will surely have some awesome ideas of questions to ask. You'll be SO prepared!
I have been wanting to congratulate you and your husband for being so blessed with Clara when I first read your blog with your news. She is so blessed to have such faithful parents.
ReplyDeleteI pray your trip will be fruitful.