Sorry for the drought, but I've been busy!
My parents left Monday morning and I was sad to see them go. It was so great to see them and have them meet their granddaughter.
When they left, it meant I was on my own with Clara for the first time. It was a little scary, but I felt very prepared. Yesterday and today went great, although time management is definitely going to be necessary! I am trying to get a routine going, but as luck would have it, Clara was fussy for the first time the past two days. My mother thinks she may miss her grandma! While I am sure there is some truth to that, I think it's because she is getting hungrier every day and I might not be giving her enough to eat each time. It's a learning process!
She is such an incredibly good baby. She is getting bigger all the time and is more alert every day. She is seven weeks today, and while she is still smaller than most newborns, I'm hoping she'll be up to six pounds at her doctor's appointment next Monday.
So I've been thinking a lot about this blog. First, I should let all of my infertility blogger friends know that practically everyone in our real life now knows about this blog. For some of my fellow bloggers that might be a shocking thought (especially when imagining all of your real life friends and family reading your blog), but we don't mind. I really think it's due to God's grace that I'm not embarrassed at the thought that someone could go back and read every details of not only my medical history but also my mental history (to all my real life friends and family if you hadn't thought about doing that until you just read this, please disregard!). I just try to focus on the greater good - that if someone does read it all (which hopefully most are too busy and/or disinterested to do), then it is bringing awareness to the plight of the infertile woman, especially the Catholic infertile woman. If I have to expose myself in order to shed some light on a topic that is usually kept in the dark, then so be it. As I told a friend yesterday, I have yet to have anything negative come from letting real life friends and family read this blog. It has only brought immeasurable blessings, and I hope it continues to do so.
We gave out my blog address so everyone we know could follow along our adoption journey and it was a wonderful way for everyone in New York, Virginia, North Carolina and elsewhere to feel like they were along for the trip. But while the journey to pick her up as ended, their desire for Clara updates has not.
So what do I do? Clearly this blog is not the place for detailed descriptions of her eating/sleeping patterns; it has felt awkward talking about that here this past week, although I was way too busy to worry about that at the time.
What I've decided to do is start a new blog that will chronicle my life as Clara's mom, and will feature what everyone in our real life really wants - pictures.
So without further ado, introducing our new, other blog: Our Life With Clara.
Feel free to read it, or not. Since it's not linked to this blog in any way (other than the link I just posted), I am going to be myself on it, real name and all! It'll be mainly for our relatives and friends who live far from us and who are interested in all the mundane details of our lives as new parents.
And hopefully I'll be posting here more often once I get a routine going. I miss it, and all of you! And while I am overjoyed beyond belief to be a mother and suddenly feel about zero pressure to be pregnant, I am still going to be pursuing the cause of my infertility for the time being (I am definitely not at my optimum health and isn't that the point of NaPro, after all?). So stay tuned for my appointment with Dr. S next week!
Update - I fixed the commenting on the new blog (or at least I hope I did). Thanks for pointing out there was a problem!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
New baby blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to start stalking you via TWO routes now :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I also look forward to following this blog (SOOOO glad you didn't say you were shutting this one down- oh, the horror!!)
What a great idea, K! I look forward to checking both blogs! :)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading both!
ReplyDeleteOh, I tried to post a comment on Clara's blog (haha, that makes it sound like she's blogging!), and I couldn't do it. So I'll let you know here that she is adorable, and I love the hat!!!
ReplyDeleteI will definitely follow you there. I tried to leave a comment on your new blog and found I couldn't for some reason? It could just be user error, but I didn't see any other comments and wondered if it's a setting you might need to switch on or off!:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! You are smart to think the little miss is hungry-I have found, even at 15 months, that Charlie is very easy going and only fusses when he is hungry or tired (and now that he is older, we can add teething). I look forward to reading both blogs!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to following your life with Clara. She is a doll.
ReplyDeleteI can't comment on the new blog, either. But she's adorable of course, and you look so happy :)
ReplyDeleteI totally forgot about your appointment with Dr. s!! What day is it??
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the Clara blog with us! I'm glad that you'll have this one for the IF stuff, and I'm sure we all appreciate having a buffer from the baby stuff when we aren't ready for it.
ReplyDeleteNow this is a fascinating project - chronicling motherhood on one blog (OK, that's been done, obviously), and chronicling post-adoptive IF SEPARATELY on another. At least, I don't know anyone else who's done that - do I? Anyway, I am very interested to see how the journey will go!
ReplyDelete