It's official. Well, it's far from official, but I told the woman from the attorney's office that we had all the money ready to go and we want her. She said that she'd call the two other couples she had spoken with and tell them the baby was no longer available.
My life as I know it is over.
We are still in shock. How else could I expect to feel?
So my day went down like this: I woke up sort of sad and not sure about things. Just overwhelmed, I think. I just want so badly to only do God's will and I think I just wished that God could whisper in my ear that He has always planned for us to raise this very baby. Usually when I'm upset there's nothing my husband can do to talk me out of it, but in this case it hardly took him any effort at all before I felt better.
We headed downtown to watch the Syracuse game at a sports bar with Amber and her husband and another friend. As I updated them on everything I realized that it was silly to let everything hinge on whether they'd let us pay $5,000 over time. We have compiled the money (a miracle of its own, I might add) and there's no point in paying some of it later just for the sake of doing that. Everyone agreed I should call her. Right then. So I went to the bathroom where it was quieter, opened my phone to call, and saw that someone had called me at that exact moment - TCIE! I thought that was funny. After I hung up with her, I called the woman and left a message. She called me back shortly and we had the conversation I described above.
I hardly watched the game (they lost, which normally would have made me very upset, but not today) and spent most of the time brainstorming baby names with Amber. Still unsure about that though!
As for when we'll get her, that's still up in the air. On Monday we'll have our home study faxed to their office, they'll submit it to ICPC. I think what will end up deciding when we can go is when our money becomes available to us. It's coming from a few sources and some of it will take longer to get to us. We hopefully will have it by Friday. So either we'll go this week (paying them and taking her home on Friday) or next week.
I'm still pretty calm. But I'm already working on a nursery design like it's my job!
I also have another interesting story that you all might like. My mom called me while we were watching the game this afternoon to tell me that she had been cleaning out a messy, cluttered closet (seriously, it has been accumulating stuff since I was very little) today when all of a sudden a piece of paper literally floated down from a shelf and landed right in front of her. It was pristine and looked brand new, not folded, crumpled or dusty like everything she'd been pulling out of there and trashing. She looked at it and discovered it was a novena to St. Therese. She had never seen it before and has no idea how it got there. Here's what it said:
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are
exactly where you are meant to be.....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities
that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have
received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....
May you be content knowing that you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into your bones, and
allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance,
and to bask in the sun...
It is there for each and every one of you......
Just what I needed to hear! I was worried I wasn't exactly where I was supposed to be (I know, that sounds silly, but I'm silly) and this reminded me that I am. And, I should point out, today is my birthday and St. Therese's birthday. Maybe the novena was her birthday present to me!
This is definitely a birthday I'll never forget. I told God at adoration this week that that for my birthday I wanted some of my heartache to be eased. Just let it hurt a little less. I had no idea what He had in mind.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
More news
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So freaking excited!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI would be a MAD WOMAN right now! At target MAXING OUT MY CREDIT CARDS!!!!
I would have never been able to sit through that game! I bet you were dazed the whole time!
I'm so excited! I even went shopping for baby girl today!!! :)
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and so in awe of how this is such an example of how God's plan for each of our families is perfect and amazing and awesome!! Have fun with the nursery design- I'd love to see your ideas!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I will continue to pray that you are able to get this little girl as soon as possible. Maybe Therese should be her name ;-) I am not at all surprised that the novena fell down for your mother. St. Therese always makes her intercession known in a very obvious way!
ReplyDeleteI am so, so, so happy for you!
Are you going to set up a registry?
Oh, one more thing...
ReplyDelete"My life as I know it is over."
Lol. So true!!!!
K, I almost can't believe it!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful gift for your birthday!!!!!
God is so good!!!!
Heard the great news via email and just had to come out of hiding to let you know you are in my prayers. Happy Birthday! Okay...now I am going back into my hole (who knows what will happen next!).
ReplyDeleteYippee!!!!! It is happening! I'm so excited for you! I've gotten nothing done this weekend because I keep checking your blog!
ReplyDelete"My life as I know it is over."
ReplyDeleteAnd you have NO IDEA right now how awesome it is to say farewell to that life, no matter how good or comfortable or fun it is.
You will, sometime next week!
I just can't believe it. I mean, I can, but wow!
And yeah, Therese is a beautiful name and a doting Saint. My $.02.
:)
This is just incredible! God and St Therese had such a good birthday present planned for you! Just watching all of this unfold has been such a blessing for me and just tells me to trust in God's plan, even though that is hard sometimes (hmm, ok, lots of times). You guys are an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLike Sew, I would be going totally crazy right now and spending a ton of money for all things baby related! Haha. But seriously, you should set up a registry. :)
Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!! I am SO happy for you guys! You made me cry! LOL! We want all the details as they unfold! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteOh. my. goodness.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy. I cannot wait for pictures. This is seriously so beautiful.
This is such a lovely story. Just when you were at your darkest . . .
ReplyDeleteI'm sure any name you and Ryan choose will be beautiful!
Good luck and Happy Birthday, Mommy!
i've been away from my computer, but have been following everything you've been updating on my phone...
ReplyDeletei am so, so excited for you. what an amazing way to start the new year, and the best birthday gift as well.
can't wait to hear the rest unfold.
I am new to this blog, but I can't tell you how happy I am to be finding you at this exact moment. It looks like this year is going to be a fantastic year for you and I can't wait to keep reading. SO so happy for you and our family!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday K!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine a better gift or a better way to start off the new year! You will forever remember this special day and year!
I'm so excited for you and R to meet your little girl!
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'll be praying that you get to bring your daughter home very soon!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
Congrats - think of all the pain and time spent waiting as your spiritual labor for this very brief "pregnancy" time when you know she's coming. Prayers for all to go smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited and this is keeping my hope alive right now!
ReplyDeleteI guess it is true that when it is darkest, God is doing his best work!
I have been thinking of the name Therese as a lovely girl name, but whatever God places on your hearts to name her will be perfect!
Know of my continued prayers.
Congratulations! I am praying for you, Ryan, and your little girl.
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to start 2010, K!! Congrats to you both!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! 2010 will truly be an amazing year for you. Happy Birthday Momma!
ReplyDeleteK~
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and Happy Birthday! I'm very happy for you and the "end" of this long journey! Like Sew said, I think that I'd be at Target maxing out my credit cards right now....
What a beautiful story - it just goes to show that everything happens for a reason!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGod is so good! Praying everything goes perfectly!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday K, what a great gift! Straight from Heaven, just for you!
ReplyDeleteK,
ReplyDeleteThis is really wonderful. A miracle from above. Congrats! What an awesome birthday gift. I'd like to send something for the baby so if you register let us know or can you send your address to me via email so I can send something.
Lol, I guess that settles it, Therese needs to be her first or at least her middle name :)
ReplyDeleteI am awestruck!!! Umm, if YOUR life as you know it is over, that means your BLOG as WE know it is over!!! Omgosh, I don't think I can handle it!! Please say you'll still blog!!
So sorry I interrupted your phone call this afternoon, lol ;)
I am DYING to see pictures of her!! And even more to see pictures of you and Ryan holding her!!!
Is this really happening?? Am I really writing these words on YOUR blog?? Holy heck how did this all happen?! (You'd think I'd be over it by now, but far from it!)
oh. my. gosh.
ReplyDeletei don't read for a couple days, and this happens!
oh my gosh!!!!!
sooooooo happy! :)
I am excited for you both! I lit a candle at church for you, R, and the baby girl this evening underneath a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary holding the Baby Jesus. I figured it was fitting...Mary, in the role as Mother holding her child. May you find great peace and joy in knowing that you will soon be holding your little one as well. God Bless!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is very exciting!!! *happy dance*
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday and congratulations!!!! What a way to close out the old year and bring in the new year, eh?
ReplyDeleteDon't you just adore St. Therese?!
What a way to start the new year!! We are so, so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of her! And you're right, life as you know it will necer be the same. But, it will be so, so good!!
ReplyDeleteLet's get together next time you guys are in NY!
Congrats again!
Ryane
Oh my goodness, I hadn't checked your blog in a while! What amazing news! As a fellow Catholic blogger waiting for adoption I am so excited to see God's plan working out for your family! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am so, so excited for you. What amazing timing God has. Sending many prayers your way that everything works out easily with the adoption. Good luck with getting everything set up. This is truly the best birthday gift ever!
ReplyDeleteok, i have been trying to be calm until this was "official" and i think it is now safe to say CONGRATULATIONS! I am so very happy for you. Any name will be beautiful, but I think "Hope" in there would be awesome. :) Please register and tell us where. So so happy for you! I am happy to answer all questions "baby"
ReplyDeleteOh wow! I've been away from the net and I come back to this! I'm so happy for you. I think about you and Ryan and pray for you so much. I have goosebumps and I'm bawling!
ReplyDelete