Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On the road

Well we made it to Ryan's parents' house in NC this morning. We switched cars since we're taking their van, and loaded it up with everything we need for the trip. Ryan's mom had tons of stuff for us, including a car seat, preemie clothes, and a packed diaper bag! Thank goodness because I only bought diapers and then forgot them at home!

We are now on our way, still in NC, with 690 miles to go today. We're staying overnight in Mobile, Alabama, and then we'll have three hours to go tomorrow.

I was so excited this morning, but now I'm a little nervous. I'm just worried it's too good to be true and something could still go wrong. I guess that's to be expected. It's a rollercoaster ride, that's for sure!

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers. I wish I could respond to all your comments. I have a dialogue in my head with all of you as I'm reading them so I have to remind myself that I haven't talked to all of you! I wish I could. I also apologize for not thanking each of the donors personally yet, but I will. So please know I couldn't be more appreciative! I cry whenever I think about your generosity. I've never experienced anything like this in my life.

I could go on and on, but I don't like typing on the iPhone so I'll stop for now (I also can't upload pictures, but will try to do it tonight from our hotel). If you wouldn't mind, please pray for everything to go smoothly tomorrow and that we leave there with a baby girl.

Oh, and we do have a name for her and will announce it tomorrow once we pick her up!

PS - There's a car seat in the back seat! So crazy!

28 comments:

  1. Definitely praying for you!

    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! The thought of you guys driving a van with a car seat in the back to go pick up your baby just made me tear up!! I go crazy in between each and every update! I'm probably going to call you now!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you're feeling! And a carseat in the back is awesome...saying a prayer that all goes well for you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading your blog last week when I found out I have PCOS. I googled Catholic infertility and your blog popped up. I just wanted to say Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!! On another note I live in Mobile, AL. If you need anything tonight please comment back! I'm praying for you!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping on believing. And how amazing to have a car seat in your car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you- do you keep just glancing back at the car seat and thinking, wow, is this me?! I think I would!! I will continue praying that God has orchestrated all of this so it will go very smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure being nervous is completely normal. We will definitely be praying.

    PS I skipped around my house yesterday with excitement while I was cleaning. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you can just post every hour on the hour, I will be able to breath today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Sew - updates every hour on the hour would be great! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing story! We are all thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been telling my husband all about your journey. We are so excited for you guys. Since I found everyone (via Sew blog about a year ago) we have been praying for everyone to become parents. Its so exciting. The picture yesterday was beautiful. This is all so wonderful. I'll be checking back to read more about your journey :) Many prayers - Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh!!! I go offline for 24 hours and so much has happened here on your blog! Congrats congrats congrats!!! Oh, this brings back so many happy memories...the carseat in the car...the crazy travel with a hopeful if not somewhat fearful heart, the last night you spend with uninterrupted sleep!

    Many prayers for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the update and them coming! We are dying to hear more news! I can't believe you have a car seat and all those baby items with you, it's just crazy to imagine. God is so good!

    Xo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think once i saw the car seat in the back seet then it was finally real!!!!!!!!
    thanks for the updates, we are all checking your blog 1,000 a day im sure!!

    Can't say it enough, 'go get you little girl'. EAch time i say this i want to cry i'm so happy for you guys!! I know your waited so long for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO EXCITED!!!

    Oh my gosh, this whole thing makes my day.

    Can't wait to see pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Honestly K, you've made me cry pretty much every day since you got news of your baby girl!!!! Don't worry, it's happy tears!

    Sending you prayers, as always!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited for you! I haven't visited your blog in a while, but I don't think it was by chance that I happened to check today. I will say some extra prayers for you as you go get your baby! Sending you my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's funny, I was going to pack you a full diaper bag just in case you would have forgotten anything - so your bases would have been completely covered!!!!

    So funny, now I won't do that! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. K-

    I am sure that the carseat in the back seat is exciting and scary all at the same time. My husband & I had a failed adoption this year & it was sooo scary for us to set up the crib. After it was over I couldn't take that crib down fast enough.

    Know that there are a lot of people praying for you & eagerly awaiting news. Kiss that baby for all of us who are still waiting for our miracles!

    God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Going to adoration tonight for you and R. Praying everything goes perfectly!

    What a miracle!! Your baby is beautiful and is so blessed to have you as her mother and father. Can't wait for more pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very happy for you!!!

    Congratulations!

    LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH my OH my Oh my!
    Wow. Was so happy to get home to read your post.
    You're SO good to be updating. We'd all go crazy without it.

    I'm certain that Our Lady is protecting you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I stumbled upon your blog at the perfect time! Congratulations! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So exciting to have a car seat for YOUR baby! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so happy you're updating us! Please keep 'em coming!

    We're praying!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am still speechless!! So glad we got to chat today!! Sending our love and prayers. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! Wonderful news!! We are praying for you both... and for that sweet little angel!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!!! WAKE UP!!!

    So excited for you two!!! TODAY IS THE DAY YOU BECOME A MOM!!!!!!

    I COULD CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally calling you on your way there!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete