I am really trying to be good. The old me would be depressed right now, but the new, positive me is just going with the flow. I am trusting in the Lord and I am trying to see the big picture. This isn't a month-by-month thing, as much as it seems like it is to us. God is going to give us a baby, we just need to trust him and look to the future.
I am doing well, though. I do feel the inclination to be sad about our possibly missed opportunity this cycle, but it's kind of just like a bad habit, if you know what I mean. I am used to being sad about these things, so my mind easily falls into that mode of thinking. My mind wants to go there, and it tries to, but I'm finding that my heart just isn't sad, so I don't give into it. The few times I have complained (one of those was to my husband late last night when he had to get up early to leave for his inauguration trip...sorry!), I thought I wanted to cry and moan about it, but I didn't really need to, which surprised me.
These are all good signs, and I am thankful to God that he is helping me to stay positive. It is truly an answer to prayer.
I am probably also overreacting a little bit, because it's not going to be a total waste (unless I see more mucus today, which I haven't yet, thankfully). If yesterday was my peak day, then we made use of that day and the several days leading up to it.
I also feel fine, so far, about being alone. I usually get lonely very easily, but I'm just going to relax and do fun things to lift my spirits - like getting Chinese food tonight (making my own Bas.mati rice, of course!) and I'm already planning to get my favorite sugar-free sundae on Tuesday, the dreaded inauguration day. I told Ryan that I am treating that day like day one of my cycle, and already planning how I will drown my sorrows!
Seriously, though, I am in awe that God has provided me with this positive attitude and that it is still sticking around, despite recent developments that would have had me wallowing in sadness even just one month ago. I even pictured a positive pregnancy test during the consecration this morning, and really tried to focus on it. I am really trying to make it become something that I can truly imagine for myself. It may not be this month, but it will happen one day. And, thankfully, I have an opportunity to revamp my attitude in the meantime.
Update: Why is it that every time I post lately, things change about twenty minutes later?
I just saw more mucus. It was 10C. I don't know what that means, how to chart it (is it the peak so far, or are we in yellow stamp territory now?) or what it says about my current physical state. My temp rises on Thursday and I still have mucus on Sunday. Something isn't right there.
This also means that if I haven't ovulated yet, then we definitely missed our chance this cycle. Kind of makes me think about taking those drugs and the pain it brought me earlier in the cycle and how that was all for nothing. Oh well. We couldn't have known then how the days would play out. And I still would have taken it, even if I remembered at the time that he was going out of town. I never would have not taken the risk.
I am still going to try to hang in there, focus on the Lord, and not get down. I can do this!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Hanging in there
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just think you are testing the power of the mucus! How long can the lil guys "really" live in that stuff! Hopefully they are superman spermies and live 5 days! ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, you can do it....and you will be positive. Sometimes when I'm feeling really down or upset...I pray a Hail Mary or Our Father and I say "Dear God. Please help me." I can't do this alone. I need his strength and then I try to think about something else. Getting mad and upset never changes anything but a positive attitude changes everything. Keep up the self-motivating. Us girls are behind you....and who knows what kind of miracle God may be working in you right now!!! Sounds like you and your husband were "lovin" close enough to the O date. Blessings.
ReplyDeleteKeep up your positive attitude! You have seriously inspired me to have hope and to pray more fervently this cycle. These past couple of weeks I have prayed, "Lord, if it be your will, please let us conceive THIS month. Helps my eggs to grow healthily and allow them to be fertilized. Lord I believe in you and I trust in you."
ReplyDeleteI seriously have never prayed like that before! After all these years... I usually say, "Lord please bless us with children." But you have inspired me to be bold and to make my desires known to the Lord. I hope that you can take some consolation in the fact that you have touched so many lives and helped so many of us IF women!
About the Tamoxifen, no I didn't experience any pain. And I have to admit, I generally don't pay enough attention to myself during ovulation to notice anything specific. It's tough being a teacher because I literally run around all day and I'm lucky when I make it to the bathroom. I'm not as "aware" of my body as I should be. I will keep you posted!
Where is your hubby staying this weekend/week? How long will he be in DC? Will you see him at the march??
Your attitude is so inspiring to me right now! I am praying that your peak day has passed and you were able to make the most of it!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great spirits and enjoy your treats this week!
Oh, Karey!
ReplyDeleteI am still hopeful for you.
I will keep praying that this is THE cycle, no matter what the mucus says!!!!
Try and keep that positive attitude going, it's really helpful for me:) (but for yourself, too, of course!)
But if you need to cry, that's okay. We all do it!