I started a new cycle on New Year's Eve, so today was my first dose of Tamoxifen. I also had to get blood drawn today, my 32nd birthday, and while for some getting blood drawn may be a negative thing, I enjoy anything that has to do with furthering my treatment so I welcomed it. Actually, when Ryan and I were trying to think of what I could do for my birthday, he asked me what makes me the happiest in the world, and said I could do that. I told him, in all seriousness, going to the infertility doctor makes me the happiest and I already did that on Monday. And I wasn't kidding in the least bit.
Oh, how strange our lives become when they are dominated by trying to get pregnant.
So while visiting my doctor again so soon was out, the next best thing, I suppose, it starting an ovluation drug and getting blood drawn.
Actually, I was near tears this afternoon after something stressed me out, but then I got one of the best birthday presents I could ever hope for. I started instant messaging my mom on facebook (we started a page for her, and she actually checks it now and then!) and she told me that on their way down south this Easter, they are going to stop and stay with us for two days. My family hasn't been able to stay with us for more than just overnight once, so I can't wait! We also go with them on vacation - the one they'll be headed to when they stop at our house - but I'm just so excited for them to be here for a good amount of time.
Ryan's at work now, and I'm about to head to daily Mass. I don't usually go, but I figure it's a good way to start this new year and new age, not to mention new medication. It's also St. Therese's birthday, so I thought I'd go early and ask her for some intercessory prayer help as well.
For lunch, we went to Red Ro.bin because we discovered that they have whole grain buns, so I got a cheeseburger on one of those (my motto: cheat with fat, not with the bad stuff). It wasn't that great, I have to say. Honestly, I think because I no longer place such an importance on food, it no longer wows me. Yes, somethings I find really yummy, but not as much as I used to. It was fun though. And I also did a little shopping before lunch and got a few things, which I think I've done every year on my birthday for as long as I can remember.
Then we went to Lo.we's to price a few things. We have decided to do over our guest room, which is also my sewing room. We are also going to be moving our office in there as well, since our office will become the nursery. So we are going to look for great deals and do over the room for super cheap. Today we found a 5x7 berber area rug for $39, and some white shelving cubbies that will be used to organize my fabric. I envision the room being fairly neutral, but with all of my fabric on display serving as the accent colors.
I have a lot more to post about, so I might write more later. First, I've got pictures from our trip to Ryan's parents' house to post (more aprons, but they are being modeled by my in-laws!), some pictures and even video of Sophie playing with Lifehopes' new puppy. She is adorable! And, then, I really need to go into detail about a brand new attitude I am unveiling. I finished Left To Tell, the book on CD about the Rwandan genocide I posted about earlier this week, and it has made me want to turn over a new leaf. Basically, let's just say that I AM going to be pregnant. That's all there is to it.
Friday, January 2, 2009
New age, new medication
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And you ended the post with a BANG! What a great start to the new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry! I must be smoking crack today! Happy Birthday! But you are turning the office into a nursery and you are preparing right now? Okay, so is this for your new outlook that you haven't posted about, or because of the adoption? Or am I missing something? Have you found the secret to infertility! ;) hahaha Is this praying as if your prayers are already answered? The suspense kills me! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love your sewing room ideas. That is a great idea!
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and I LOVE your new attitude, can you send some up north, please?
ReplyDeleteYah! I am doing a little cheer for you right now! It is so exciting to see you in such fantastic spirits!!! I absolutely love it! Your proclaimation is perfect and I pray that you enjoy every bit of the prep work for redoing the extra room and getting your nursery ready! Can't wait to hear more about the new attitude. I have heard alot about the lady who wrote that book Left to Tell. I look foward to reading it myself. Happy Birthday! I did not know it was St. Therese's birthday! You are in great company.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteyay! Happy Birthday Lady!
ReplyDeletewhat a great post... I'm praying for you!
Happy Birthday K! Hope this year is awesome for you!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHope the rest of your day went well. I can only agree that the room ideas sound great.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday
Happy Birthday!! May you receive an abundance of Blessings from our Lord!!!
ReplyDeleteWell happy belated birthday. What a great way to start the new year. I am with ya...We are going to get pg this year. Oh and btw would you consider selling your aprons...I would LOVE to buy one!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a strong post! I hope this new year brings all of us many blessings...especially the big one!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't help but think of all of us as I went to mass on New Year's Eve...the feast of the Mother of God. I mean, Mary is truly our model. Here was a young, unmarried woman who was told by an angel that she would conceive the Son of God. What was her response? "I am the handmaid of the Lord. Let it be done unto me according to thy Word." She didn't ask for details. She didn't ask for the plan to be laid out before she agreed to it. She had immediate and total surrender. Perhaps we can all try to follow her example in this new year and stop trying so hard to figure it all out ourselves. I want to know exactly how I will pregnant, but I am going to try to follow Mary's lead, and just surrender myself. (Way easier said than done.)
I love the new attitude!!! Oh, and keep us up to date on the remodel. I love remodeling rooms!