Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm thinking I ovulated

That's right!

All signs point to ovulation, so I'm hopeful at least. I finally saw some 10KL late last night (good thing we go to bed late, or it would have been a green sticker day!) and I'm wondering if the B6 finally kicked in. Then, this morning my temperature rose to 98.4. That's pretty high for me! And it had been hovering around 97.5-97.6, so that's almost a full point rise. I'm not sure what a bigger than normal rise might mean, but it sounds good!

So I definitely had way less mucus than normal. My peak day usually sees 10KL AD or at least x3. I guess if I wasn't taking my bbt, I'd think I hadn't ovulated yet. Is that bad that I rely on my temp? I'm obviously going to still chart any mucus I see today, so I guess today could end up being my peak day. Can you ovulate after your temp rise?

Okay, more questions: Will the B6 cause me to produce mucus today, possibly causing confusion about when I ovulated? Or when the hormones change, does it stop working? Just curious. I have to get my blood drawn on peak +7, so I really don't want to mess that up. I'm wondering if I should still take it tonight. I guess if I don't have any mucus today that I won't take it tonight, and assume I already ovulated. But, then again, if it weren't for the fact that I take my temp (which Creighton tells you not to do), that situation would be identical to what happened yesterday and I would have taken the B6! If you were able to follow that, you'd know my point is that I'm wondering how people with not a lot of mucus, who don't temp (since Creighton tells us not to), figure this out.

So if yesterday was my peak day, that means I'm going to have to get my blood drawn on the same day we're going to the March for Life. I'm going to have to find a lab up in Northern VA of D.C. to have it drawn. Okay, even more questions: Do you have to fast for a peak +7 draw of progesterone and estradiol? Because that would be bad. Although I could dedicate it to all the unborn babies, I guess. Does it count if I'm really fasting to have blood drawn??

Okay, I've got to go get ready because we are going out to lunch. I saved money from our grocery budget the past two weeks, so it is a guilt-free meal! Those are the best!

10 comments:

  1. People with not a lot of mucus who don't take their temperature probably really don't know if they o'd or not. Before metformin I was totally anovulatory (based on bloodwork, OPKs, and temping), but I always always had EWCM - thus giving me a false sense at the time that I had o'd.

    Once the met kicked in, on "the" cycle that worked, I didn't have much, if any, mucus at all - I was relying heavily on my temps to figure out what day I o'd.

    I think your giant temp swing in combination with your mucus markers (which I don't personally understand, but you sound excited about them :o) is a good indicator of ovulation for sure! I'm curious to see what your temp does over the next few days. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay peak type mucus!!!! honestly, i almost did a happy dance (and i probably yelped out loud when i was in the staffroom washroom) when i saw it the other day.

    i definitely think that you o'd judging from your temps.

    yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a fertility microscrope. I think i was like $15 or so and you just use a little saliva on it and it shows a ferning pattern if you ovulate or not. My doctor recommended it to me when i wasn't ovulation this summer and because i didn't have a lot of mucus. People sell them all the time on e-bay used. They say you can clean them really well and they are ok to sell used, but i dont' know. If i knew anyone that wanted mine i would give i away. I think it's called fertile-focus. It's a small as a tube of lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- no fasting required for P+7 b/w.
    2- you can keep taking the B6, it only helps the cervical estrogen receptors utilize the estrogen in your body... so if estrogen itself isn't present, B6 won't just create fertile mucus on its own.
    3- I "think" you O right before the temp rise(??) But remember that you can still have peak-type mucus after you O. Peak Day is not synonymous with O day. O tends to happen between P-2 to P+2.
    4- I hope you did some serious BDing last night!!
    5- I'm going on the March for the first time this year!! Email me and I'll give you my #, maybe we can meet up somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU OVULATED!! Nice work!!!

    I think the B-6 only adds to what your body is already doing naturally. In other words, it won't create mucus where there is none.

    Can't wait to hear what your peak + 7 levels turn out to be, I just got my results back and I am agonizing ... what do they mean???? AHHH!!! P only tells me they look great. Wish I could glean a little tiny bit more, you know???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with TCIE....b6 won't create mucus when there is none. I bet next month you'll see even a bigger difference. I believe it took me a cycle. Have you been able to feel LAP or RAP? I always try to feel that. Some months it's easy but this last month...I was not sure. Oh well...Good luck with everything. Still praying for ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for ovulating and yay for lunch! I hope it was a nice afternoon for you guys. I am looking forward to a looooong 4-day weekend over here. It's nuts with the inauguration, so we will be staying inside all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool! That sounds like a postive thermal shift! Fantastic!

    I think I am going to try mucinex next month before ovulation. :)

    I always buy fabric with extra food money that I save! :) When I first started sewing our refrigerator was bare! We were eating such pauper meals, but honey, I had a ton of fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karey,
    I just had to post because I actually had something to say this time :)
    Your temp rise sounds very familiar to mine whenever I take clomid. Which I think the medicine you're taking is similar, right? Also, I take the B6 5oomg throughout the entire month because clomid dries everything up for me. Were you able to find any B6 in the area? I haven't been able to. If so, could you let me know where? The month I actually conceived was the month I took mucinex as well to help out with cervical mucus (I was seriously having problems with this and I got Dr. Hilgers permission) which made a very big differece for me.
    Also, I am pretty sure someone else already said this but you don't have to fast the day you get the p+7 blood draws. I am really praying for you this month. It is such an exciting/anxious time when you get to add a new med. to your cycle. Best of luck this cycle!!!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete