Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bad news

My grandmother passed away today. We found out she actually suffered an aneurysm yesterday, and it sounds like she never knew anything was wrong, other than that she had a bad headache. That brings me peace, as she would have been so scared. 

Thank you all so much for your prayers. If you get a chance, please keep my grandfather in your prayers now, because he is most likely completely lost. I can't even imagine.

24 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, K.... i am just so sorry.
    i will offer up prayers for your grandfather. may God hold him close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be sure to keep her and your entire family in my prayers. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine and I'm so sorry. Keeping your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry! It is so sudden and I am sure difficult for you. May God hold you in his arms and comfort you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, God, K. I am so so very sorry. Not that it brings you any comfort, but I can say I know exactly how you feel. I'll speak with my Grandma tonight and tell her to find yours... because something tells me they'd be fast friends :)
    Your grandpa especially will be in my prayers- I remember how hard it was for my grandma when her "gem" as she called him left her, and I cannot imagine how he is dealing with this. Hopefully he'll be coming back up north to be with family soon??

    Take comfort in the fact that there was little to no suffering involved, and that if she's anything like you, she must have gone straight to heaven. And remember, too, that your relationship with her continues- so keep talking with her, and ask for her prayers. It really does help to know they can and do hear you.

    Big hugs, sweetie. Again, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will remember your grandmother in my prayers. She is no longer suffering and happy with our Lord. I will pray for healing for your grandfather, you and your family. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, K. As I told my husband last year when his grandma passed away, you now have the BEST angel in heaven looking after you. She will always be with you, just a moment's thought away. Talk to her often, as we talk to our grandma, and she will be with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so very sorry.

    you and your family, particularly your grandfather, are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for your grandmother and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you and I will pray for her soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sorry to hear your news. My prayers are with your grandfather and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't imagine...I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'll keep them both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Karey, I'm sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending prayers your way for your grandmother and your family. This all happened so quickly! Will you be going down to Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  16. May God truly be present to you and your family during this time. Prayers are continuing for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AYWH, I was so sad to read of your grandmother's passing. My heart aches for you and your whole family, especially for your dear grandfather. May The Prince of Peace wrap his arms around you all and welcome your grandmother joyfully into His heavenly kingdom. Warmth and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. May your grandmother be comforted by the face and arms of Jesus. May your grandfather also feel the arms of Jesus holding him and comforting him. My prayers are for you and your whole family

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no. I'm so sorry. I will keep your family and especially your grandfather in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. K., I'm so sorry. You, your grandpa, and your family are in my prayers. Your grandma is home now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been a lurker here for a couple of months. I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello,

    I am so sorry to hear of you losing your Grandma (from Lost and Found). I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete