Sunday, January 4, 2009

My week in pictures

This past week was a busy one! We went to my in-laws in Raleigh for New Year's Eve/my father-in-law's birthday and I have lots of pictures to show for it...

Here's my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law beautifully modeling the aprons I gave them for Christmas. Don't they look like the perfect homemakers? (We thought the rolling pin was a nice addition.)

This is our nephew, who turned one in November. Isn't he adorable?



He was opening his grandfather's birthday present while we were eating dinner!


We played Family Feud on the computer and Ryan and I were a force to be reckoned with.



My low G.I. ice cream birthday cake my brother-in-law made for me. Isn't that sweet? Actually, it was artificially sweet, and very good!


Sophie taking a nap before ringing in the new year. She always looks for a pillow to put her head on. 



Here's Abigail!! We stopped at Lifehope's beautiful home on our way back to Richmond and our dogs were able to meet. Sophie and little Abby got along great. And I say that because Sophie gave her the time of day. She usually prefers humans.



It helped that Abby was totally submissive to Sophie. Abby spent most of the time on her back like this!



But she also gave Sophie a run for her money, which Sophie needs!


And if the pictures weren't enough, here's some video of them playing:



And, last but not least, my birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory:

I had built up in my mind what I was going to order for a long time now, and while I still had a ton of fun eating out, the meal actually turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. I've come to the conclusion that fattening food just doesn't do it for me anymore! Perhaps God has blessed me with the grace to not be tempted and let nothing get in the way of this diet! But we did share a piece of low-carb cheesecake that was just amazing.

Ryan was actually sick with a cold yesterday (he worked on Friday so we celebrated on Saturday) but he still let me drag him all around Richmond as I searched for a comforter set for the guest bedroom we are doing over. Isn't he the best? Thanks for a great birthday, sweetie!

13 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't post a picture of you & Lifehopes! IS that your voice! hahahah!! How small is Abby? I had no clue she was so small!!

    Okay so you look fantastic! And I totally thought of you when I bought white wheat bread today. I have been able to keep off 8 pounds from when I first left for surgery. I struggled to stay this weight or even come close to it prior to surgery. But I am dang determined to stay right here. Do you actually buy white wheat or do you use 1/2 white 1/2 wheat when the recipe calls for it? I am making your banana muffins once the bananna's are ripe.

    You are so right about food. Once you start eating healthy other food is really disappointing. Cookies from a box taste like cardboard. I completely understand that....Just veggies, I HATE them from the grocery store, but INHALE them when they come from the farmers market! I crave them and inhale them. They don't taste like a box. I gag on them now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! I am not laughing at your voice! I know that is how it looks the way I wrote it! I meant to say--your voice is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't post a picture of us because I wasn't sure if she wanted me to! I will if she says it's okay, although I look so bad! It was pretty late. Yes, that is my voice (don't worry, I didn't think you were laughing at it!), and that is Lifehope's voice saying Sophie looks like a stuffed animal.

    As for flour, I only use white wheat flour. I can't use any white flour whatsoever. I don't notice a difference at all. White wheat is pretty mild and things don't turn out too dark either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you look beautiful!!!! Seriously... so beautiful, K!
    And fun fun fun to see the dogs together!!!
    ANd you know I love the aprons!

    My mom got me this book for Christmas...

    http://www.amazon.com/Apron-Book-Wearing-Sharing-Comfort/dp/0740761811

    I probably won't learn to sew until after grad school is over... but it's fun to think about!

    Loved this post! Happy Epiphany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you got to enjoy your visit with the in-laws and celebrate your birthday in grand style. Did you get to find the comforter set you wanted? The dogs are so precious. It must have been great letting them get to know each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lovely trip to be with family.

    Your pups are cuties too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! What kind of dog is Abby? She looks like a lab/dachsund mix! They are so cute playing together. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the video of sophie and abby! i so want a dog, but mr. jb doesn't think that we can handle one in our house and with our schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the photos. I miss being able to post photos on my blog. Your pics made me smile and I am such a total dog person so that was fun! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had SO much fun hanging out with you guys!

    Hey how is the new drug going???

    I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

    I guess it's probably best you didn't post pics of us since it would totally blow my cover ... however, I did post some pics of us four on my blog, so those of you able to view it, come on over and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

    I enjoyed your post tremendously!!

    And yes, I am so going to hop over to lifehope's blog now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!!!! If you don't mind me asking, what is the diet for and where can I find the diet?? You look beautiful!!

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  13. nevermind! I found it!!! I'm blonde!! LOL

    Kami

    ReplyDelete