Monday, January 5, 2009

More photos of my babies

I am still loving my new camera, so that means you get to see more pictures of my pets. 

Here's Jasper, the eldest of our babies.

A very pregnant - and feral - cat wandered onto the outdoor weather set of the t.v. station where Ryan and I worked together back in 2002. She had kittens and we took one of the boys home. It turned out a few months later that Jasper was actually a girl.

Despite her feral roots (of which Ryan likes to remind her), she's an elegant cat. She's very thin, nearly underweight. She's also the alpha animal of our house, so her size is not due to her inability to get to the food dish. She could have as much as she wants because she is in charge.

Despite our constant love and affection, she is ornary, to say the least, and cries ALL...THE...TIME. As we like to tell her, we know she has it bad. Really bad. We are mean, horrible parents who don't even let her go outside, except for a stretch of several months where we used to live (until she got lost and almost didn't make it back in time to join us on our move down south). 

She lives each day longing to be an outdoors cat, but, believe it or not, she even cries when we let her out - supervised, of course - so we're not quite sure what she's trying to tell us, other than that she likes to complain. You'd think that perhaps something is wrong with her, but she's fine. She is just a cry baby. 

The other day when we heard her muffled cry, I frantically checked all the closets, where she's been known to fall asleep and then get trapped inside. She was no where to be found, and then it hit me - she was outside. She must have escaped when we were going in or out (it is a constant battle; we never open the door very wide because she WILL outsmart you) and when she realized we weren't right behind her to yell her name and chase her all over the yard, she came crying at the door. It was also raining, but she would have come home anyways because she loves us.

She's also super smart and I even taught her sign language. She waves her hand when she wants some of my food. And she is very picky - she only does this once in a great while. That's how I know when she really wants something I have. She loves rotisserie chicken.

Then there's Sophie...

But you know all about her. When we picked her up, the breeder told us she'd never be a show dog because of her pink nose. And her lazy eye. Oh, darn. We had big plans.

Don't you just love that face?

This isn't one of our pets, but it's on my mind right now...

Low-fat, low G.I. cheesecake bars I made last night, and it tastes even better than it looks. I'm about to go get one. I love my diet. 

Don't worry, I'll post the recipe tomorrow, complete with a picture tutorial. 

9 comments:

  1. OMG that cheesecake looks so good! Why do I keep procrastinating? I just need to do your diet dang it. Did your period start the day after I commented you? Is the curse finally broken? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the photos! what kind of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasper is such a cutie. Our Daisy likes to hear her own voice too! I think she does it just to make sure we know what she is up to at all times. We talks and and meows back. We have conversations! She even does with our company and she loves kids. Which is the total opposite of our previous cat, Angel. Sophie is really cute, too! I think that it is her pink nose that makes her so endearing. Maybe it is what is different about us, that makes us beautiful! By the way, that cheesecake looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You animals are adorable. And my mouth is watering for that cheesecake!!

    Kami

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pets! Soooo adorable, and such distinct personalities.

    Isn't it funny how the personalities of the pets we choose seem to add something that was previously "missing" from our homes? And then once we have them, it's hard to imagine our homes without them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eah, yeah, yeah cute dog and all but the food is um, yum. My doctor won't let me have artificial sweetners. How can we put people in space and cure disease but not made a healthy sweetner? Weh. Ok, enough of my whining, I got to get to work :(
    (I start back on my food plan tomorrow, is it obvious? I don't even get fruit. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have the same cat!!

    What the heck??!!!!

    Tigger was also a feral cat, and CONSTANTLY meows to go out. When we let him out, he whines to come back in. If you close a door, he's whining on the other side of it to go through. If you open it, he walks through, then wants on the other side!!

    ARGHH!!

    I want to cuddle Jasper so much! She's soooo incredibly cute!! I love her dark fur!

    And Sophie will always be a walking stuffed animal in my mind. I can't believe how fluffy and soft she is, I bet she LOVES to cuddle!

    I love our furbabies! I think everyone should post on their furbabies now! Complete with pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa - I got it the day after you commented! But you have now officially broken the curse because today's comment is on day 7. And I'll really be concerned if I start a new cycle tomorrow!

    JellyBelly - My camera is a Sony Cybershot, 13.6 megapixels. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute, i love Sophie's pink noise.My mom's maltese dog has a pink nose and the breader told her the same thing, 'not show dog quality', but we didn't care, we love her so much!

    Oh and i second the, 'you should sell your aprons' you really have a gift for making/designing them.

    ReplyDelete