Our picture and birth parent letter has been posted on the adoption agency's web site! We're so excited. It just seems a little more real knowing it's up there, despite the fact that our social worker said few birth mothers, if any, pick a family from the site.
I was going to post the link, but I am paranoid. In case, by some small chance, someone monitors their website traffic, I don't want them to see a sudden spike in visitors coming from my blog. Not that I have anything to hide, but I'd like to feel free to post about my thoughts, worries and fears about adoption without thinking our social worker might be reading it. Yes, I am paranoid, because there would have to be quite the sequence of events to have it get to that point, and hopefully our social worker would think my thoughts are fairly normal anyways. I hope.
So if you want to see it, just google the name of our agency: Chil.dren's Ho.me Soc.iety of Vir.gin.ia, then click on 'adoption,' then 'birth parents' and then 'waiting families.'
Oh, and then you have to scroll WAY down.
Hopefully over the next several months the number of families ahead of us will shrink and we'll move up the list. You better believe I'll be checking it constantly! My friend, who is waiting with the same agency (and is one half of one of the couples ahead of us on list of pictures. I won't say which one, but you can probably figure it out), said she was told no new birth mothers came in last month. From now on I am going to step up my prayers for all the expectant mothers in my state (the agency has three offices in different parts of VA) who are trying to figure out what to do with their babies. Please, God, lead them to our adoption agency, rather than the abortion clinic!
Friday, February 6, 2009
We're online!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
what fantastic news!!!!
ReplyDeletei'm so glad that things are moving forward for you guys!
Fantastic news! And absolutely beautiful letter!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I just read your story online and I am bawling!
ReplyDeleteI didn't think I was going to have a reaction to the letter. I don't even know what to say. It was poignant & beautiful, loving & supportive, caring & stable and just down right touching. But I also know the story behind the letter and maybe that is why it made me cry! It was so beautiful in so many ways....
I received your letter today! Thank you so much! I haven't turned on the t.v. all week and that is what I am doing as soon as I post this! It was like Christmas in my mailbox today! I got 3 packages from 3 different people all for me! I was shocked they weren't hospital bills! How exciting!
I had to laugh at your mid night adventures and make up! Hahaha!! I remember always enjoying my mother more when she had make up on. That is from a child perspective and the importance of going the extra mile. I can only imagine even though my husband doesn't care about me having a full face on etc, I am sure I am easier to look at. ;) I know I am easier to look at! hahahaha! You saw my hospital pictures! I couldn't imagine running home to that every day! hahahahaha
One more thing! About the chore! That is exactly my point! I love to sew and I don't want it to be a chore. But I think if someone bought something I might get excited really quickly! ;)
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!! You must be so excited to have this next step completed. It is officially out of your hands. Unfortunately I don't think this organization has an agency in Maryland. I did a little research on them. I found "Children Home Society and Family Services" but they only do international adoptions. When/if we take more steps toward adoption, I will have to do more research.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful photo and letter! Congratulations on this next step!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the next step! Lord, please lead more expectant mothers to adoption rather than abortion. Amen!
ReplyDeleteI just visited the website, found your picture, and read your letter. I believe you presented yourself and your husband very well. I do not think you will have to wait for a child for long. I think any birth mothers who see your picture and read your letter will chose you to adopt their child.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read your letter the impression I received was that you and Ryan love God, love each other, and you both have a lot of love to give a child.
You will be such a wonderful mother! I can't wait to hear the news that you have been chosen by a birth mother to adopt a child! I am praying this happens soon!
Maybe sometime we can talk more about adoption? Yes, I still want to be able to conceive a child, but maybe God and the Blessed Mother have a special child out there for my husband and I to adopt? Maybe that is God's will for us? The only thing that is stopping us right now is the fact we live in a small condo and cost.
But I am sure if it's God's will for us to adopt, He will open some doors for us yes?
I am praying that you and your husband receive some good news from the agency soon! I am going to pray the rosary and divine mercy for this intention!
http://hailmaryfullofgrace-mt.blogspot.com/
May God Bless you.
Love,
Maria
I hope you don't mind, but I am so excited for you that I asked anybody who visits my blog to please pray for you that you will receive good news soon!
ReplyDeleteYou don't mind, do you??
May God Bless you.
Maria Therese
I'm so excited for you :) You two look so happy together.
ReplyDeleteYes, Lord... please hear our prayer!!!!
ReplyDeleteI recently found your blog through a link on Minnesota Mom, and I have read through your entire archive like a book. I like doing that when I have the time. It's really good to get to know you, and I have learned so much from you.
Congratulations on your adoption agency posting!
Just read your letter! I loved it!!! You guys did such a wonderful job expressing who you are! I agree with the other commentors that you two wont be waiting long!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!! I'm excited for you!
you look beautiful and the letter is perfect, K!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you both and will pray that the Lord delivers soon!
So very excited for you and Ryan!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing with us. The letter is honest, real, and beautiful and I am so happy for you that you've reached this point in the adoption process. Plus your picture is just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSaying lots of prayers for your family from ours :)
Oh wow, this is so great!!
ReplyDeleteCrazy, too, that the very first place I called was C.hildren's H.ome S.ociety of NJ :) They were not currently accepting apps in our state for caucasian DIA, and we hadn't decided on the trans-racial issue yet, but we did really like them!
I will read your story when I have more time, but we just got in from a long weekend and I had some great cm, and well... ya know ;)
What a great letter Karey! I think you both did a great job. I am praying for you! :)
ReplyDelete