It's a not-super-chilly, sunny day here in the V-A. Sophie likes our new screen door, as you can see, but not as much as I do! You can also see in this picture that she is shaved right down, poor thing. She actually has been shivering and so those silly dog sweaters have been put to practical use lately!
So I had some weird pain this morning. The day started out fine - I woke up like normal and went on the internet for about twenty minutes. Then, when I got up from the computer, I began to have horrible abdominal pain. I made it to the couch and by then it had gotten a lot worse. It was kind of like the endometriosis cramps I used to have, where they are so bad that you just know they can't possibly last (although they usually did). I can sense the actual pain is moving, if you know what I mean.
While it was at its worse, it was centered on my left side. I took four advil and got a heating pad. I don't even know what's good or bad to do during the luteal phase, but I didn't care (plus, my doctor once laughed at me for questioning whether advil was okay to take and Ryan likes to remind me of this all the time).
Ryan was trying to ask me questions and it hurt so bad I could barely respond. The one thing I was able to tell him was that I was contemplating whether I should get dressed, brush my hair and put on some make-up (yes, I really would have) in case we needed to go to the emergency room. I was afraid it was only going to get worse and that I'd better get ready while I still could.
And then it went away, as quickly as it came.
I have no idea what this means, but I don't think it's endometriosis returning because that pain was always exclusively at the beginning of my cycle (today is cycle day 22). My gut tells me it was gas, but that bad? I know, I know...gas can be REALLY bad, but I don't have any other intestinal problems to speak of. Who knows.
Part of me is, of course, wondering if it was like a ruptured cyst, the one I have always suspected is on my left ovary, but I really am thinking gas. I just tend to suspect everything is cycle related, so I am a bit curious.
**************
In other news, I am still feeling a great sense of surrendering. I hesitate to say that I "surrendered" because that implies that it was an action I took, which I didn't. Although I will say that I haven't fought it, so I guess I am at least partially responsible for the feeling remaining for several days. The Lord knows I could resist it if I wanted to!
But who would want do that? It really is an amazing feeling. Not only do I trust the Lord's plan for me, but I am excited to see what it is! Every time I have left things up to God, it has always turned out great. And since my own track record is not as good, it only makes sense to defer to him.
I should also point out that this doesn't mean that I think now that I have surrendered my life to him, that everything will be peachy. I know this isn't necessarily true, that's part of having blind faith. Sometimes he calls us to move out of our comfort zone, to do things we never planned on doing, or to work harder than we've ever worked before. Infertility is a perfect example of this. I believe he is allowing this cross in our lives to be living witnesses of faith, so who knows what he might ask of us next. All I know is that I wouldn't turn him down if he asked me face to face, so I shouldn't turn him down no matter how the invitation arrives.
That all being said, I feel great about this. I feel light and peaceful. I feel like I am moving forward, rather than beating down a closed door (thanks, Lifehopes!). I feel like I am running on land rather than walking upstream with weights on my feet (which is how I usually feel!). And, dare I say, I feel like I might even be able to feel joy! I don't want to get carried away, though.
So no matter what is ahead, I know that if I continue to surrender to his will, I will be well equipped to handle anything that comes our way. I just feel like God has been there waiting to help me and I wasn't letting him. Now that I am, I am hoping he can get to work on my heart, to take away my selfish desire for biological children and give me a heart to love whatever child he gives us.
And, yes, I am afraid that I will wake up one day soon and will be back to my old way of thinking. I know that this could be at least partially due to hormones and when whatever it is that is making me feel up falls, I might fall too. I also know that the end of this cycle won't be easy and I will have to hold on tight while I ride out the storm. But I'm not going to worry about any of that now.
Honestly, the one negative about my new attitude is that my impatience is really being exposed. I'm like, God, I'm ready! I can't wait to see what you have in store! No...really...I want to see it now! So that will be something that I'll have to tackle with prayer. The good news is that everything seems easier now, so working on my impatience doesn't even stress me out!
I am SOOO jealous of your new screen door! Can I ask where you got it? We need one so badly. Why don't houses come with these already included?? I was shocked, b/c it wasn't something I noticed when we were house hunting.
ReplyDeleteHm... as for the pain, I am sorry about that. Maybe it was a cyst rupturing? I had a similar experience earlier in my cycle and I too took some meds bc it hurt so bad. Oh well, guess we just have to roll with it, right?
I think you are right on the one thing, though, it's not endo!
I haven't made it very long before my hormones got the best of me. Nothing as bad as usual, but still felt down yesterday. Today's better.
We got it at Home Depot, and I think it's Andersen. I LOVE it. It even has the thing where the screen moves up and down, which is great because with cats we definitely can't have a screen on the bottom half. That would last a day!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you were down. Just remember that surrendering doesn't mean we won't cry and have bad days. Just turn to Our Lady for comfort (advice I'm sure I'll need you to give me in a week or so!).
Patience is soo hard!! I'm a victim of impatience too!
ReplyDeleteHoping your surrendering can continue for a long while since it is a great feeling. If you think about it, it's not like we have a choice in the matter (in terms of controling outcomes) so when we accept that, it does indeed feel good, so I find!
Didn't you hit the nail on the head. I just don't understand why this IF bug is so hard to move through sometimes. I really feel that I have exposed a lot of impatience & indecisiveness this week with certain friends especially about my doctor decisions.
ReplyDeleteHubby gives me the blank stare of "have you made up your mind yet". Now as I sit here and its 330 and I still haven't showered, I am WARN out because today wasn't hard, there was just a lot to do. But I never left the house or my pajamas!
What is that saying My yoke is "something" my burden light. That is how I felt today the burden was light but there were fireballs coming at me and I just stood there dodging them and trying to make "waves"! ha!
I truly believe that I was led to fend for myself. Almost to a point where I actually doubted if God was involved in my current hormone issue because of the circumstances. He sure opened the doors today, but it has been a battle for 6-8 weeks.
But I still don't understand why it was so hard to finally come to the St. Louis napro doctor decision. I know I am going off on a tangent now.
We didn't have a screen door either and we put one in over the summer. I love it! It doesn't have a screen on it but I still love it!!! :)
If you would like a "WWSD" consultation I will be in the car from 7am-1130am and then again from 2pm-630pm. I won't even charge you! But be warned I could talk ALL DAY LONG!!!!
Sorry about the pain. :( WOW on the surrendering! I love it! I hesitate to say this, but it always seems that something big happens once we have reached that place of surrender. All in Gods time... (of course.)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to adoration this evening and I'm excited to try out the new Rosary!
Surrendering is something I really struggle with. At times I feel peaceful and other times, I am so impatient. I have had painful gas like that and simethicone can really help if that is what it is. I usually take some and if the pain doesn't go away, I figure it is something ovary related. Heating pad and advil to the rescue. Hope it helped!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome door! I craaaaave lots of natural sunlight like that in my apartment :(
ReplyDeleteI always feel bi-polar in the post-Peak phase. Is it just me? But I always go from wanting to surrender it all to trying to desperately get control, to completely collapsing... and around and around again. IF is so much fun.
I used to get really, really, bad abdominal pain and then I somehow figured out that it had to do with egg yokes. I knew then that it was gas. I can eat eggs but not runny egg yokes or eggs benedict (no sunny side up eggs). Funny story...when my husband and I were dating we went out to eat and I ate eggs benedict. Within an hour I was doubled over in pain. He sat with me at my house while I layed out on the couch waiting for antacids, tea or whatever else I took to work. I never ate eggs benny again and I actually like that dish. Thank God that wasn't our first date! I knew then he was the one for me! Some foods bother me like that and I usually find that out a little too late.
ReplyDeleteI too am working on surrendering. It feels good to let it go and let the Lord carry me. Lately, I have found the rosary to be my new comforter. I never really got into praying the rosary but for the last month...I desire to pray it and have found praying it to be easy. God is speaking to me and it's definitely through Mother Mary and the rosary. It's all good. Plus, since I'm teaching my 3rd grade R.E. class the rosary next month...it's good that I am getting to know it personally myself! God bless.
We have the same screen door, but in white trim. Our cats love it! Hope you've been pain-free and that it was only gas or something you ate.
ReplyDeleteYou are really inspirational, I found your blog through stirup queens. I am praying for you! My husband and I are going through a very simalar situation.:)
ReplyDeleteYou are really inspirational, I found your blog through stirup queens. I am praying for you! My husband and I are going through a very simalar situation.:)
ReplyDeleteOnce again, a beautiful post. I struggled to surrender for so long, and then I can remember a day that I think I finally surrendered...whether that meant biological children or not. I stopped worrying about it, about how to handle my husband, about how I was going to get to Omaha for my surgery...and on and on.
ReplyDeleteIt felt so good to just let go. For once in my life I stopped being a planner (and that did not come easily.) However, I remember one morning driving to work, and I actually said to God: "God, it's not up to me. It's not up to the doctors...not even PPVI. It's up to You. If You want me to be pregnant, then you will make it happen. If that is not your will for me, then You will have to take care of me and get me through whatever You have planned, and I am going to trust that you will. I just can't keep trying to figure this out myself."
I truly believe when we do this, it is true peace, that only God can give...but we have to actively surrender. It doesn't just happen, nor does it just continue to occur. It is a constant process. K, I hope you continue to find God's peace in your surrendering. I will pray that it will continue for you.
In regards to your pain, I had a pain very similar to yours. I was terrified that it was a large endometrioma on my left ovary again because it was sharp, stabbing pain. However, after a few days, it went away and never came back...and you now know the rest of my story! :)
Above all else, keep hope alive and know that you are exactly where God wants you to be! You contiue to be in my prayers.
Kristin - please tell me that it happened during your luteal phase on the cycle you conceived! Haha.. that would be nice to hear.
ReplyDelete