Just some random thoughts I wanted to post about tonight (or technically, this morning):
I just returned from adoration where I prayed the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows. Let me just say...A-MAZ-ING (which, I noticed during my CatholicTV interview, is a word I apparently say a lot). I used the meditations and prayers from the back of Immaculee Ilibagiza's new book, Our Lady of Kibeho, and they are unbelievable. Just what I needed, they were all about suffering and really answered a lot of the questions I've been pondering lately.
For those of you who are interested, you can watch my movie, Watch With Me, online as it is airing live. For example, I just checked and it's not currently available, but earlier tonight, when it was on at 10, I was able to watch it live on www.catholictv.com. The next time you can catch it is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4 p.m. (check the movie's website for all air times this week). All you have to do is log onto CatholicTV's website, www.catholictv.com, and it will appear in the video window on the home page.
If you want to watch my interview on the CatholicTV show This Is The Day, it can be seen anytime on www.catholictv.com. Just click on "This Is The Day", and you should see my episode.
I realized tonight that CatholicTV sent out a press release about my movie airing and it was even posted here.
So, back to infertility for a moment. I have a new attitude that I'll write more about in the coming days, but let's just say I feel a sense of surrendering. I really didn't know what it meant to surrender before this week, and the thought of it really frustrated me. But it just happened, and I'm also not sure where it came from. Well, I know exactly where it came from and it wasn't from me! Thanks be to God for this wonderful grace. That being said, if I had read this on someone's blog while I was at a low point, it would have only made me feel worse. I'm sure I'd wonder, Why not me? I'd think it was just another case of God blessing someone and leaving me behind to suffer. All I can say is, in my humble opinion, I think we all come to it at different points in our journey and I think, at least in my case, I needed to go through the different stages of grief and acceptance before I could get to this point. I yearned to truly surrender for the past four years, and I still am not sure how long this peaceful feeling will last; because I didn't do anything to deserve it, I am afraid I could just as easily go back to feeling despair. I am just thankful for every moment right now. I will definitely write more about this topic soon.
In cycle news, I think I ovulated on Saturday. It was a 10KL AD day, which I am very thankful for. That makes all that nauseating B6 worth it, at least! I was hoping it wasn't going to happen on Sunday, since peak +7 would have fallen on this coming Sunday when labs are closed. I like it when things work out.
And for those of you who watch American Idol: Is there any mystery who is going to win this season? Now I'd like to take a moment to speak directly to my favorite contestant, Danny. Danny, you church music director, you...you're unbelievable, and yes, you bring me hope. You made me cry, and I will buy your album (which I hope is possibly even Christian), or, since I haven't bought an actual album since college, at least download a song on iTunes. And the only reason Simon is being hard on you is because he needs it to be at least somewhat of a contest this season. Now let's just hope America didn't get over confident for you and forget to actually vote.
OOH someone I can discuss American Idol with since Sew won't watch it and Lifehopes is praying during that time :)
ReplyDeleteI actually fell asleep before the end so I didn't see Danny, but he was my favorite before. He's my mom's favorite too. HOW SAD about his wife! I can't wait to watch it during naptime :)
Surrendering is such a grace and gift from God!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhh! I keep trying to post a comment but it won't let me!
ReplyDeleteSo I'll keep this short-
It amazes me how we are both on the same page spiritually. Perhaps the Holy Spirit imparted this gift to both of us at the conference this weekend.
Now I need to fully surrender our adoption process! (see my latest post)
Thanks be to God for your new attitude!
ReplyDeleteNow I'm going online to watch your interview, which I missed last night. I have an Intro at 4, darn it, so that means I'll just have to buy the documentary from you :)
K, I really enjoyed Watch With Me so much. And I was thrilled to see it in the DVD player last night when I went to put Land Before Time in for little Mr. J. That means my husband actually put it in and watched it the night before after I went to bed. I was praying he would watch it too. Thanks for touching our lives.
ReplyDeleteI got to watch your interview. It was fantastic. You were energized and on fire! God is truly doing a good work in you and your husband! I am very interested in hearing about this new adopted attitude.
ReplyDeleteI have been doing some surrendering of my own lately and it has been greeted with lots of kicking and screaming. Literally :) Just ask my husband.
I can't wait to see the whole video. I even told some friends about the video and trying to do some down south pr for you. They are a phenomenal catholic couple and he is a pricipal at a small catholic school in our state's capital.
Hope this cycle is promising!
I'm so glad to hear you are doing so much better! Yay!
ReplyDeleteI also am going to watch your interview right now and hopefully your movie sometime this week/weekend! Thanks so much for sharing the links!!!!!
By the way, I tagged you on my blog! Thanks for all being such an inspiration!
Your interview was awesome. You are so beautiful!! Thanks for the work you are doing for the Church!
ReplyDelete