Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amazing weekend

There's so much to write about from this weekend! But because I am still recovering, most of it will have to wait.

For now, I will post pictures of my AMAZING time with Lifehopes and Jeremiah 29:11 (so funny to call them both that on here once you are friends in real life!).

Me and Jeremiah 29:11.. Lifehopes was next to me, but is cropped out (not because I don't want to show her beautiful face, but for privacy reasons).


The two of us meeting Immaculee. She was so sweet! We had her sign our book of hers that we had just purchased, Our Lady of Kibeho, which is about an approved Marian apparition that took place in the 1980's in Rwanda.


This is me blurting out to her that we were both struggling with infertility and that her book gives us so much hope for answered prayer. She then told us that the main reason women in Rwanda visit the shrine is to get pregnant! Apparently, many women have prayed there for pregnancy and conceive shortly after. She told us she is taking a group there in March if we wanted to go, but I'm hoping my long distance prayers are good enough!


This is Philip Rivers, starting quarterback for the San Diego Chargers and a very strong Catholic. He and his wife even use NFP! And when he got drafted to the NFL he knew he'd have to find a way to get to Mass on Sunday, that it was non-negotiable. So now a team priest says Mass for anyone who wants to attend. Isn't that great?


I'll write more about the very inspirational conference later. I had such a great weekend and especially because I got to spend so much time with Lifehopes and Jeremiah 29:11!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you guys are so CUTE!!!

    It looks like you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are also trying to recover from watching my GORY surgery! That's the stuff horror films are made of ... "Revenge of the endometrioma Part I!!" ... followed by the sequel ... "Revenge of the adhesions ..."


    Oh and I had SO much fun playing the Creighton model board game with you!!

    Oh my gosh it was SOOO refreshing to be with both of you... to be reminded we aren't alone, that there is hope for us, and HOLY CRAP we will be shopping at Target soon together for cribs and stuff! (hopefully for our biological AND adopted babies)

    I wish we all lived closer. How much fun would life be?? For now, the blogs have to do.

    We really have to do this stuff more often. I can't wait til the next time we get to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm trying hard not to be jealous!

    it looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing time! Is Imaculee the woman who had to hide in a bathroom with a bunch of other women? I think she's who I'm thinking of, she had an incredible story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie - Yes, she is! She's amazing!

    And Lifehopes.. I think we should market the Creighton board game! And I could've watched your surgery video all night! (I'll watch any surgery video as long as it isn't mine). We definitely need to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, a Creighton board game?! I'm in!

    Looks like a great conference. I wish I lived closer to all of you guys :) Me and FJIEJ have to represent the mid-Atlantic states.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we all lived closer, too! The conference looked amazing. I am going to see Imaculee tonight!!! I am so excited and hope she has books to sell because I am buying!!!

    Hey LifeHopes, I want to be your friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. been looking for your update, so I'm very glad to read it. You ladies are beautiful, Godly women! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You beat me to the blogs! I was going to update this morning, but I was still so tired. And my hubby and I decided to go to a movie this afternoon. Hopefully I'll get around to updating later today!

    Seriously, I have the BEST weekend! You ladies (and P) were the best Valentines dates - after my hubby of course. ;) Can't wait to hang out in real life again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it just me or am I seeing things??????????

    Look at the picture where you & J2911 are talking to Imaculee.....

    IT LOOKS LIKE AN EMBRYO ON HER EAR!!!!!!!?????

    Oh my gosh I hope you don't think I am crazy!

    Am I seeing things???????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see it, I see it!!!!!!

    That is WILD!! And totally a SIGN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I lived near you all so we could meet. I would LOVE to meet some Catholic friends!!

    I love Imaculee too and I have read her books. Did she say anything about prayer and devotion to the rosary? I would love to hear!

    By the way, would anybody be interested in starting a rosary prayer group for all of our intentions? There's power in praying the rosary as a group!

    Email me if interested.

    prayrosary4life@aol.com

    Love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you guys got to hang out together and hear Fr. Larry and Immaculee!! Looks like a fantastic weekend :)

    Lifehopes is a pretty great hostess!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so, I had to comment again because the third picture with you ladies and Imaculee is just so beautiful!
    i love you and Jeremiah's expressions... so pure and real...
    i'm really so glad you girls met one another. as soon as I have a break from school I'll be reading her book.. it has been on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys have such gorgeous smiles! Looks like it really was an amazing weekend. (And I totally went back to check out the picture after reading Sew's comment... how do you pick up on those things, Sew?? ha ha... but very weird "orb" indeed).

    ReplyDelete
  16. they popped up in my pictures from Medjugorje. They were really amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  17. so glad you had such a good time! I really need to read that book

    ReplyDelete