I got my period this morning. So I had six days of spotting! That's a new record for me.
I also began my new thyroid study medication, since I had to start on day one. It's quite an undertaking, because I have to take it every twelve hours to the minute, and cannot eat for two hours before or one hour after. So I'll take it again at 10:30 tonight, 10:30 tomorrow morning, 10:30 tomorrow night, etc., etc. I was nervous picking a time this morning because I knew it was such a commitment! If I picked 10:30, then that would be the time I'd be locked into for as long as I take it! And that might sound like a safe time, but we eat dinner anywhere between 11:15-midnight (yes, I know that's weird but my husband works nights and I like to wait for him). So I think I'll be okay, since I'll be able to eat at 11:30. But I just know that for six hours a day (before and after my medication) I will be absolutely starving! It's just like on Fridays in Lent when I don't eat between meals, I am hungry ALL DAY!
I really can't wait for Monday. I'm so excited. My appointment is at 1:30 p.m., and then afterwards we're going into D.C. to eat. And it will be St. Gianna's feast day! I have to admit that last summer when I visited her shrine, I had the thought that maybe I'd become pregnant, or find out I was pregnant, on her feast day (and that seemed so far away at the time!). Well, that wasn't to be. But... now I at least have an appointment with a new doctor on that very day. God is good, despite me trying to tell Him my plans. His will be much better.
oh wow! Special prayers for you especially on St. Gianna's Feast Day. Surely she is help preparing your heart to be a strong mother.
ReplyDeleteHow many days will you take the thyroid medication? Dr Hilgers has me taking my temp/pulse right now to see if I need to take the medicine which I'm sure I will because my temps are always low. And thanks for introducing me to St. Gianna, I've added her to my novenas.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I'm not sure how long I'll be taking it! I think from the literature they sent me, it's a few months, or at least until my T3 level tests normal. Then I think they ween you off of it. I might ask that question today when I call for my cycle review. I'll let you know!
ReplyDeleteHappy Feast Day!
ReplyDeletehappy feast day! i've said a few prayers to st. gianna already!
ReplyDelete