Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I take this very personally...

Barack Obama:

Look, I've got two daughters -- 9 years old and 6 years old. I'm going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby.

See for yourself:

This makes me so made that I can't even begin to comment on the obsurdity of it, other than to say how dare he call a baby, a blessing that is tragically unattainable to so many women, a punishment.

(Thanks to A Thorn in the Pew, where I first saw this story)

3 comments:

  1. oh I just can't stand this! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I do so appreciate it and it made me feel less alone b/c I can relate to you completely!
    I'm praying for you...

    also... I know this is silly, but I don't know how else to get in touch with lifehopes.... her blog has gone private... I'd love to still read your blog, lifehopes, but I understand if not!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this. I just can't believe he is placing a baby in the category as an STD.

    Lord Have Mercy on us.

    Shannon - I have invited you to my blog!

    ReplyDelete