So I finally spoke with my Creighton teacher. Long story short, she suggested I get a local doctor. Nothing against PPVI, but I really need a doctor I can see face to face. I need to get things moving and right now I am hitting some roadblocks with PPVI. One of the reasons they are so great is that they have very high standards - all blood work has to go through their lab and ultrasounds have to be done at their office. Well, that can be very difficult if you live outside of eastern Nebraska or western Iowa. I know this is for a good reason and I have personally suffered the consequences of a local OB/GYN who didn't know much of anything about infertility, when to draw blood, or how to read ultrasounds. I will never be that uninformed patient again. But if I just stay working solely with PPVI, I won't have an ultrasound until the end of the summer and I won't have blood drawn until who knows when.
With that being said, my Creighton educator suggested I call a well-respected pro-life OB/GYN practice a couple hours from where I live. So I did, and got an appointment for Monday. I'm excited at the prospect of hearing what someone else thinks about my situation. When we first started meeting with our Creighton educator I was reinvigorated, just to be doing something proactive. That's how I feel now. We'll see what happens, if we like the doctor, if he has any new insight for me. But at least I have something to look forward to, for the time being.
As for this past cycle, my Creighton teacher isn't quite sure when my peak day occured. She has some guesses, but my chart is really confusing this time around. She also mentioned that the yellow mucus I saw for a few days could possibly be due to something going on with my cervix. And she was also concerned that I've had five days of brown spotting again this cycle.
If the ultrasound series had worked out as planned then I probably wouldn't have ever called this doctors' office today, so perhaps God's plan is already playing out. Hopefully this is where God is leading me, and I hope this action is not one of impatience. I really want to follow the path I am supposed to, and while I need to be patient and surrender to God, I don't think that means I shouldn't make an appointment with a new doctor. Rather, surrendering means I need to work on my acceptance of the cross I've been given, no matter what is currently happening medically in my life.
I will keep praying about it and continue to place it in God's hands. If the appointment doesn't go well, then I will know it is not part of my path. I am so grateful to God that He is keeping me under His protection and I want nothing more than to follow His holy plan for me.
i have so much respect for my creighton educator. i love it that she doesn't think i'm crazy when i phone her about charting questions! i'm almost at the end of my hormonal profile -- i have to have blood drawn every second day until AF comes. i can't wait until i can just go home after work and not have to get butchered by the lab techs!
ReplyDeletei admire that you can be so hopeful. i know that everything will work out just as they are supposed to. :)
hoping this puts you in the right direction! What strength you have...
ReplyDeleteThat is very exciting that you founod someone new that your Creighton educator recommended. I am sure God is leading you where he wants you to go and you can trust Him completely in that!
ReplyDeleteI hope your appointment comes quick and that you like him! Keep us posted!
I think this is a terrific decision and one that will help to move the process along much more quickly.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for you to be able to try something new, and soon!
Hooray! I think this is fantastic. I hope you have a great appointment with the new doctor on Monday!
ReplyDelete