My doctor's office called with my peak +9 blood test results. Progesterone went up to 20.38 (had been 16 on peak +7) and the estradiol went up as well (though not much) to 558 (it was 555 on peak +7).
Anyone have any insight on those levels? My progesterone has risen in my luteal phase before, once between peak +7 and+9, and another time between +9 and +11. I've never been told what that possibly means, if anything.
From what I've found looking back over past posts, my estradiol is usually in the 200-300 range each draw. Would the trigger shot make it higher than normal?
I can't wait to see what happened on peak +12. It'll be a test of my patience though, since I probably won't get those results until at least tomorrow.
Before I go, I wanted to offer a prayer today to Our Lady of Fatima, on the anniversary of the Miracle of the Sun. I believe Our Lady of Fatima was very instrumental in my return to the Church. I read a book about Our Lady and the three children in the days when I was struggling with my faith that really helped to open my heart to God once again. I have always felt close to them.
PRAYER TO OUR LADY OF FATIMA
O Most Holy Virgin Mary, Queen of the most holy Rosary, you were pleased to appear to the children of Fatima and reveal a glorious message. We implore you, inspire in our hearts a fervent love for the recitation of the Rosary. By meditating on the mysteries of the redemption that are recalled therein may we obtain the graces and virtues that we ask, through the merits of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Redeemer.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Results & questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't have any insight, but I would think that HCG would raise estradiol from what you normally have. Thanks for sharing this prayer and the Litany of Humility.
ReplyDeleteHey K, those results look great! I don't know about the trigger shots either.
ReplyDeleteI just asked G this on her blog too. I was supposed to get P7, P9 and P11 bloodwork this month. I got two-ish out of three and was planning to stop there, but seeing the numbers from you two has me wondering if I should go back for more bloodwork tomorrow? I got bloodwork on Friday, which was either P+6 or P+7 (not exactly sure when I ovulated, as I had conflicting signs). I was out of town over the weekend, so I went in again this morning and got blood drawn for what would be P+11 or P+10. Do you think I should get it tomorrow too for P+11/P+12?
IATG - I would definitely go for p+11/12. I think the more info, the better! At least it will tell you if levels drop off too quickly near the end, which was my concern when a hormone panel showed that very thing a while back.
ReplyDeletethanks! the quirky lab where I am going will think I am crazy, but I will go back tomorrow!
ReplyDeletek, what do you think of those results? I mean why are levels doing this again. Am I the only one getting my hopes up over this. haha. Seriously, what does Dr. B say about this? Any explanation? I am dying out of curiousity for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMany prayers,
Amber
Sounds good to me. :) can't wait to hear the p+12 results...
ReplyDeleteAmber is not the only one getting her hopes up! I am too!!
ReplyDeleteK, I got my blood test results back this morning (my progesterone went down, so I am definitely not pregnant. alas). I actually got them from the lab, which is a funny story I will write on my blog later today. But since I got them from the lab, it came with a range of what is considered normal. Thought you might be interested...
*Reference Range for Estradiol*
follicular phase 11-212 pg/mL;
mid-cycle 18-480 pg/mL;
luteal phase less than or equal to 247 pg/mL;
post meopausal less than or equal to 27 pg/ML;
*reference values for progesterone*
non pregnant female
luteal phase 3.3-26 ng/mL;
mid-luteal phase 4.4-28ng/mL;
pregnant female
first trimester 11-45 ng/mL
I don't have any answers to your questions, but I can see from what IATG, FT and FJIEJ your results are good! Can't wait to see what comes of this cycle!
ReplyDeleteI can tell you how bad mine are...lol. Mine on P+4 was prog - 4.6 and estr. was 71 :( Weh. You should feel good about those...hahaha
ReplyDelete