Thursday, October 1, 2009

Leaving again

Happy feast day!

Boy, I really bothered St. Therese a lot today. Hopefully she heard me.

I prayed my heart out for one girl who was going into the abortion clinic today. I just begged and begged St. Therese to intercede and make her walk right out of that clinic. Well, she did leave a short time later, but who knows what she was even in there for! What if she was in there for a pap smear and St. Therese heard my prayer and was like, "Really? Are you sure that's what you want?"

Seriously though, I know she hears me and I know she takes my requests to the Father. And when my prayers aren't answered I know there is a good reason.

I'm excited because we're leaving tomorrow for a quick trip to the beach. We had planned to go on our actual anniversary in early September, but I definitely wasn't back to normal after surgery at that point so we postponed the trip.

It should be nice weather - high 70's - and I'm really looking forward to just relaxing.

I'm also feeling really good about my ovulation. Yesterday, in my typical pessimistic fashion, I focused on things to possibly worry about - like why the follicle was shrinking - but today it's really sinking in that I actually ovulated on cycle day 14. That is huge!

I know you don't have to ovulate on the "textbook" day 14 to conceive, but for me it's just evidence that something is becoming more normal. I'm hoping this is not a fluke, and that perhaps my hormones are regulating themselves now that the endo is gone. Even though it was unnoticeable on my ovary until August, I'd like to think that it was still there, however small, messing up my fertility for a while now.

And here's a question - if I know I ovulated yesterday, but still have peak-type mucus today, how do I count peak +7? I'm thinking of counting from yesterday, instead of whatever my Creighton peak day ends up being, since we actually have proof of ovulation. So that would make today peak +1.

Well I'm very thankful that I've been feeling really peaceful lately. Praise God, because I had enough anxiety the last couple months to last me a lifetime! I really have felt great the last week or so, and have had a lot of little blessings lately.

But I feel like I can't write a post lately to save my life, so I'll end this now. Maybe it's because I have nothing to say! Hopefully Monday will just be a picture post!

13 comments:

  1. I hope the trip is wonderful and fulled to the brim with the best of God's blessings!
    I am so excited that you are feeling hopeful and peaceful! I bet it feels great to know that you did ovulate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great trip!

    How do you feel on the HCG? Do you notice a difference in your mood?

    I'm not sure if it would affect you but maybe? Just wondering....

    Have a nice and relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great trip!

    You could work with your practitioner for the post peak, peak type mucus. If you don't have one, email me and I can help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would count from the actual peak day of mucus. The Drs know that Peak day isn't synonymous with ovulation day... ideally, they match up, but the majority of the time O happens between P-2 to P+2. Even in some of the slides in the Intro Session, ovulation occured 1 day before Peak for the woman who had b/w to figure out how close it was happening to Peak.

    As I recently told a client, it's a lot better to have O occur a day or 2 BEFORE Peak, than to have it happen a day or 2 AFTER when there's no mucus left... imho, anyway. At least you O'd with good mucus, kwim?

    (And, as FJIEJ said, if this persists and you continue to have the Peak-type mucus for several days, you may need to develop a yellow stamp protocol for post-Peak, Peak-type.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FJIEJ & TCIE - I have actually learned how to do yellow stamps before. That was part of the reason I stopped working with PPVI.. that's all they ever said in my follow ups! Haha .. and from what I remember of the instruction, I'm a tough case because my mucus doesn't get less fertile.. it's still 10kl ad.. even after I assume I've ovulated. That being said, I know it's normal to have a day or two of good mucus after ov, so hopefully that's all that's happening now.

    I still am going to count my luteal phase not using creighton this time because I just think that the mucus is used to make an educated guess of when ovulation occured and if I have u/s proof of ovulation I don't see why I shouldn't count from that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO glad that you are feeling at peace lately!! In the midst of all this heartache, I truly believe that peace in all of this comes right from God, and I am so thankful that He cares so much!! Have a great time at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have an AWESOME trip! Enjoy the rest and relaxation! Praying that everything continues to move smoothly for you this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking of something..When I saw my first napro doctor he told me I had a long fertile mucus patch and I think it was 9 or 10 days long.

    I think you are on 10 or 11 days of fertile mucus, right?

    I don't know what it means, all I know is that he pointed it out.

    So after my endo was removed, I made NO mucus. So I have no clue what that means.

    I'm not saying you have endo, but your mucus patch is something you might want to look into?

    Please take my comment with a grain of salt, just sharing information..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sew - I totally agree.. When nothing is obviously wrong, we need to look at everything that's not perfect for clues. It's not endo since my surgery to remove it was only six weeks ago.. Or at least I hope not.. that'd be terrible! Haha. But it could be a sign of something being off hormonally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so awesome! Still praying, still hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have so much faith, its wonderful
    and so powerful all at the same time.
    I enjoy the peach and the vacation,
    from what i have read you really
    deserve a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have so much faith, its wonderful
    and so powerful all at the same time.
    I enjoy the peach and the vacation,
    from what i have read you really
    deserve a great one.
    (sorry for posting again, but for
    some reason, my identity got a little
    messy in my last comment)

    ReplyDelete