We found out today that we can, in fact, have our home study sent to another agency (or attorney, whatever) and wait with both simultaneously (as long as the new agency doesn't mind, of course). That is huge!
Although at the moment it won't change anything because a new agency is off the table due to a lack of funds. But it still opens up a lot of potential doors. It at least allows me to explore new options.
And can you believe that when I asked our case worker about applying for grants, she said that in her seven years of working in the adoption industry she's never heard of a couple applying for one? I just found that very interesting. Have any of you applied for and/or received an adoption grant? Is it really a myth that they exist? I emailed one foundation the other day and haven't yet heard back.
In cycle news, it's cycle day six and tomorrow will be my last day of Clomid. I'm interested to see if I have any of the side effects that others experience. If I am to, what day do they usually start on? So far I'm feeling fine. On Tamoxifen, I'd usually have some ovarian pain by cycle day five or six, but I don't have any right now. Then again, I should be ovulating on the right this cycle, the same ovary Dr. L failed to spot on two recent ultrasounds. I may or may not even have a right ovary! Let's hope it didn't shrivel up and die in protest to my last endometrioma removal.
The long mucus cycle has already also begun. Yesterday I saw 10 C/K L all day (very stretchy, cloudy, clear, lubricative). If not for slight spotting (which, along with a VL, made me chart a C), it would have been a beautiful example of the peakest-of-the-peak mucus. We'll see if the Clomid dries it up in the days ahead.
Today feels like spring. I started out in a bad mood (and on a separate note, we completely missed our adoration hour and we freaked, but it was an honest mistake) but now the weather is really making me feel hopeful. I'm sitting at my computer's new location in the guest room, right by an open window and it just feels so relaxing. I could stay here all day, but I'm about to pay a visit to the prayer room, where I'll pray for all of you.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Adoption info
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great news! Thanks for your prayers and know you are receiving ours as well :)
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you can send your home study to other places without removing yourself from your current agency. I'm so surprised that she hasn't heard of any couple applying for an adoption grant. Let us now about anything else you find out on that.
ReplyDeleteWow, 10C/KL on CD 5/6 is crazy. I hope you can figure out what's going on with you hormonally/via u/s soon.
That is awesome about the adoption news!! I'll be praying for you as far as funding for a new agency. Good luck with clomid this time- glad you're not having side effects!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!
ReplyDeleteI never had the bad side effects that others had but I had some mild hot flashes. They usually occurred while I was actually on the clomid, usually the 4th or 5th day of clomid. If you are on your last day and no bad effects yet, I think you may be in the clear.
Prayers for you, too.
I know people who have gotten grants!! :) It took awhile, though.
ReplyDeleteGreat news about being able to double dip in agencies!
I have a friend who applied for and received $5,000 in grants. Please let me know if you want her info:)
ReplyDeletePraying for you, too K. I cannot wait to see what beautiful things the Lord has in store for you.
Seriously, when that day comes, I am going to be jumping for joy!!
Great news!!
ReplyDeleteHmmm...the 10KL so soon in your cycle is interesting, but reminds me or SEW!!
Great news!! Thank-you for praying for us, continuing to pray for you too sweety!
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is YAY!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a bunch of adoption grant links in my favorites bar... haha, they've been there since Jan '09, but I can't apply for any, you need to be HS approved to apply.
ReplyDeleteI'll send you the links, though.
Oh. 1 more plug... check out Beth.any. There's really VERY little $$ down (the bulk of their fee is paid at placement). It's also based on a sliding scale.
Why won't they let you wait with both? If you can transfer the home study, that should be the only thing that costs pre-match. It definitely shouldn't cost to WAIT- or they'd be biased to keep couples waiting forever. That's weird.
ReplyDeleteI hope the clomid does dry it up. The progesterone might as well....I would give it a couple of months for it to work. :)
ReplyDeleteOn a normal cycle with clomid I usually start feeling twinges 10,11,12ish, if I'm not mistaken. I think I O'ed around cd 14.
Nicole - While our current agency doesn't require money up front (other than the cost of the homestudy), most other agencies we've looked into do.. and some are around $8,000-10,000. As far as I know they use the money for birthmother expenses and advertising. I'm starting to wonder if that's why our agency is so slow.. because by not charging us those fees it probably means they aren't spending nearly as much on advertising, and they might not have as much to offer birthmothers. Do you know of any good agencies that don't charge that much?
ReplyDeleteHi there:
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog often. I've emailed you a couple of times. My husband and I have been trying to have kids for the past year and a half. I was put on Clomid in March of 2009. I experience hot flashes after my last dose.
Last night, we went to an information session on adoption. We were completely overwhelmed!
Anyways, please know that I pray for you and think of you often. Thanks for sharing your journey.