First off, Lowly had a great comment on my last post. She said she wished we could be hooked up to computers for a diagnosis, like they do with cars. Could you imagine? Plug us in and print out a report! Along those same lines, I'd also like to be one of Dr. House's patients. He'd have me fertile by the end of the hour, but not before temporarily misdiagnosing me with MS. I'm sure there'd also be some hallucinations involved.
So I had an ultrasound done today. Since my doctor's office is a good hour and a half away (without traffic), I had to get it done around here, at a local hospital. The technician seemed like she'd been doing it for a while, so I started asking some questions to see how much she'd share. She told me my left side looked normal and that my right ovary was "plump" and that if I haven't ovulated already that I probably would be soon. So I tried to pry out of her if my ovaries looked pretty average, and I told her how my ovaries had been huge and filled with endometriomas before my surgery, and she said that they looked great now.
Okay, I KNOW that this doesn't mean my ovaries are okay. Not by a long shot. Adhesions don't even show up on ultrasound so they can't be ruled out. And this woman may have seen a cyst and didn't want to tell me. Or how about the fact that she wasn't trained in Napro or even working in an office that sees infertile patients. No, I'll have to wait until my appointment next week to see what Dr. B thinks of it. And even then, if everything looks normal to him, I'm still having pain and something is causing it. Adhesions would be looking more and more likely at that point. A third sugery is probably in my future.
On the bright side, my right ovary apparently is/was ovulating. That's good! And, when it's all said and done, my right ovary may hold the keys to conception. It wasn't nearly as bad as my left one was in my endometriosis days, and I don't have pain there now. Well, tonight I have pain all over, but I don't usually have pain there.
Speaking of pain, the ultrasound left me wincing! I've had pain for most of the day ever since having it done. Another sign of adhesions, perhaps?
So this post wouldn't be complete without me listing off some new symptoms. For starters, I've taken naps the last three days. That is very unlike me. And this morning I was surprisingly full of energy, until this afternoon, when all of a sudden I felt like I had no choice but to lay down and then I was out. And it's not a lazy thing, or a bored thing, at all. It's seriously like I have no choice and I hate it!
Also, I don't know if this means anything or not, but my pre-peak temps lately have been pretty high. Like 98.0 and 98.1. Granted, I haven't been taking it religiously this month, but that's what it is when I do take it. And they're normally around 97.6-97.8 pre-peak. I'll be interested to see what it goes to after ovulation.
So I got all ready to go the movies tonight, but my dear husband was too busy breaking news in the other room. Ahh, the life of a reporter's wife. He wasn't even on the clock, but his political blog is like his crack. And I guess there's some election tomorrow and he uncovered some big news (not big enough for the actual t.v. news, mind you, but it's apparently blowing up on twitter. Just kidding, honey.) Yes, there's another woman in our lives and it's a wordpress blog.
I wish you the best on your journey. Continue to be encouraged.
ReplyDeleteTiffany Godfrey,
The Resource Writer
I hope you don't have adhesions! Hopefully Dr. B will be able to tell you more.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Can you ask Ryan who I'm supposed to vote for again today? Haha, I can't remember!!! We want the guy who is going to lose against our guy, right? And this is....?
GIMH's question is cute:)
ReplyDeleteI totally believe you that being tired is not in your head but something you have to succumb to. I have had so many days like that. Its like I have bursts of energy, then I'm out. I just go lie down and take a nap when that happens and try not to feel too guilty about it.
I am just so curious about everything for you. Praying lots of prayers that He leads you right to the remaining problem and helps fix it.
Just spotted this (http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2009/06/fertility-bootcamp-infertility-counseling.html) and thought you might be interested.
ReplyDeleteThough I no longer struggle to become pregnant, it did take me close to two years to conceive my first child. Don't give up hope! I know it is very, very hard. God love you! You are in my prayers!
I don't think we should be tired all the time.
ReplyDeleteYou know those really good days that we have, I think those should be our normal days! Instead of exhaustion being our normal days.
If the body seeks out balance, and we are full of exhaustions and the reproductive organs are the first organs to stop working if your body is sick then we need to really investigate the source of our fatigue.
Honey, I know all about not being able to get off the couch! All about it! I thought I was crazy and do feel crazy when I look strug out sitting on the couch not able to move for hours then for days!!!
I don't think it is healthy to feel like this.....I am looking for balance not the extreme that I feel. Exhaustion-or a ton of energy! That is too extreme for me.
What I want for my day is to ease out of bed, ease into the shower, ease into my routine of getting ready for the day, ease into the day.
I do nothing with ease! I drag butt through all of it. :)
What makes me think if we are this tired how can we conceive? Our body must be fighting something else and doesn't have energy to conceive. ???? I don't know?? Just a thought, I am tired of being so tired. :)
I hope you figure out some more with Dr. B next week! Was the ultrasound internal? I've read others say those ultrasounds were really painful, so it might not be adhesion-related...? I'm glad your ovary looks good, at least!
ReplyDeleteI feel for you being a reporter's wife. I'm a reporter (not on TV), and my poor husband suffers. It would drive me nuts if his job were as unpredictable as mine ... somehow I've learned to accept it for myself, though.
(Ryan's politics blog is very cool, by the way!)
There are certain laws that prohibit a sonographer from telling you about what they see, particularly anything "abnormal" because that HAS to be told to you by the Dr. They can say minimal things like, "This looks good TO ME," or "The shape of your ovary is like a dumbbell" but nothing more medical, legally.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, if she's a registered and trained sonographer, she's definately seen ovaries with pathology (like PCOS). If not on a daily basis, then during her clinical hrs of training. She may not be as skilled as some of the NaPro sonographers, and if you remember the one who used to work in Dr. G-T's office, she NEVER had a problem telling the difference between a corpus luteum and a follicle... but many others do for some reason.
I plan on becoming the kind who can tell the difference immediately :)
I hope you don't have adhesions. I'd think with Dr. Hilgers, you'd be totally in the clear... I really hope so.
For how to get well for free and for what the fertility industry don't want you to know please see the UNICEF approved link >
ReplyDeletehttp://beware-of-the-fertility-industry.blogspot.com