So Dr. B left me a message yesterday with my ultrasound results (third time in the past couple months that I've missed his call!). He said everything looked very good. Normally, that would be good. But, for me, it's not. I still have pain so the fact that things look very good mean something else is going on and that probably means adhesions.
He also said I had a very small follicle on my right ovary. Now, he had no idea what cycle day I was on (or at least I don't think he did. The technician did ask the first day of my last period, so he might have known now that I think about it), but having a "very small" follicle on cycle day 16 isn't good news. Especially when I charted my peak day as cycle day 17! Ugh! I can't wait to ask him about this at my appointment on Tuesday.
Speaking of Tuesday, it is setting up to be a practically perfect day! First, I get to start out with a doctor's appointment. I mean, if Ryan were to ask me what I wanted to do on my birthday, I might say go to the doctor's. I'm serious. It puts me on a high. I get lots of good info and I get worlds accomplished. Hopefully it's not a negative appointment, though. I want an appointment where we figure out what's wrong and come up with a plan that we're excited about.
So after the appointment we're going to the National Shrine in D.C. I haven't been in a while, and I read something on a blog about how you should have your husband pray at a Marian shrine, asking Mary to intercede for him to become a father. I know, I know. This stuff usually annoys me (like there's some certain prayer out there that I have yet to say and that's what's keeping me from conceiving), but why not try it? You can't pray enough, and I know God likes when you make pilgrimages. So we're going to stop there and pray. Hopefully, we are also going to meet up with Jeremiah 29:11 and her husband there (twice in one week!!), so we can meet each other's husbands. I'm looking forward to it!
Then, we're heading to Baltimore, where the Mets are playing the Orioles!! Appointment with Dr. B and the Mets all in one day? It might be overload! We also got free tickets, so that makes it even nicer.
Okay, so I picked up my new glasses today. Not loving them, but not hating them as much as I thought I would either. I'm nervous because they have these two somewhat subtle little stones on the side of them and I'm not exactly a bling kinda girl. I'm making it sound way worse than it is. They're like a brownish-green color, practically the same color as the frames, so you hopefully nobody will notice them. Just about every pair I tried on had some kind of embellishment like that, so I had no choice! Oh well. So here's a picture and since they are officially mine it is too late to critique them...
Yes, I'm in a bra-store dressing room. What gave it away? I took this picture to help me judge how high my bubbies were being lifted by a strapless bra I was trying on. I then took a picture of me in another bra, and compared the two back to back. You are looking at the winner here. So I officially have purchased a strapless bra for my sister's wedding. Yay! Hopefully I won't be plagued with anymore bra-buying dreams! (I'd call them nightmares, but they really weren't scary. Just annoying).
I also feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders lately because we cleaned up our back deck. Since we moved into our house a year and a half ago, the back yard and deck have been a bit rough. The back yard still is (well, the grass we have is beautiful, but we basically have a beach covering part of our yard too. What the heck do you do with tons of sand that the previous owners left after removing an above ground pool? If this happens to you, demand in the contract that they put in grass or give you money to do so), but now the deck is much better, thanks to a few bucks and a lot of work. I should have taken a before shot, but trust me, it looked much dirtier than this:
So now we can actually sit out there. Except I really need to purchase bug spray. My legs are in ROUGH shape.
i'm looking forward to your doctor's appointment as well! i can't wait to see what he says. dr. b sounds absolutely awesome. although i love my napro doc, she has never called me at home!
ReplyDeletethe "girls" and the glasses look great! i always feel a little buyer's remorse after i get a new pair of glasses. i wish that i could afford more than one pair of glasses at a time, but since i have a crazy high prescription the lenses (and getting high index ones made my lenses aren't crazy heavy) are so expensive. i really can't justify spending almost $1000 on two pairs of glasses!
K, your bubbies look great and very lifted! Beautiful bubbies! :) Love the glasses and your deck looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteThose glasses are the perfect shape for your face. If anything, you look even better with glasses - you have a delicate bone structure, and the glasses accentuate that.
ReplyDeleteAs to the bra - I've never found a strapless that didn't create 4+ bo.obs - and I'm *almost* an A-cup (but the next time I have occasion to wear one, I want something with corsetry. LIFT, you know? It sounds worth trying). So I'm most impressed with your find.
I can't wait to hear what your ultra sound means!
ReplyDeleteYou look so thin!!! R u loosing more weight? Bubbies look great and love the glasses!
Oh phew, for a second there I thought you had an oversized framed poster of a bra hanging in your closet!!
ReplyDeleteI love the glasses- really!
Could the tiny follicle have been a corpus luteum?? And since the Dr probably wasn't aware of what CD you were on at the time of the phone call, maybe he just assumed it was follicle. But I have seen how drastic the change is right after ovulation from a follicle to a c.l.- so this COULD be good news. AND it could mean your O date lined up really nicely with Peak Day (just a day before).
Just a thought.
Have a great time at the shrine. And at the Mets, though I can't really see how anyone could have fun watching the Mets... :P
You look great!
ReplyDeleteI was trying to figure out the bra poster even before I read the rest of the post.
Have fun!
YAY for hanging out twice in one week! I'm so excited to meet your husband and have you meet mine. If nothing else, we can just hang out in the Shrine cafeteria!
ReplyDeleteYour glasses (and bra!) look great! And your deck is so beautiful. Looks like you're ready for a BBQ and a dinner party. :)
I will be saying a prayer for you on tuesday. I hope it turns out a perfect as you are planning it to be. I hope you enjoy your time at the National Shrine. I would love to go there.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of your deck looks so inviting. I love the lights and flowers. I have some of the same flowers growing on my front porch too!
I forgot to mention the glasses look great! Great choice :)
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you saw this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dfwcatholic.org/documentary-on-eucharistic-adoration-on-television4839/.html
No, I hadn't! Thanks!!
ReplyDelete