Monday, June 1, 2009

Great night

It's a beautiful "Saturday"* night here in RVA, as my husband likes to call it.

I did some planting, and Sophie and Ryan watched:

It wasn't cold, I was just protecting myself from bugs since we didn't have any bug spray. Also notice the lack of gardening gloves and that little shovel thing people use. At least this year I used the big hoe. Last year I just dug with my hands.






The red bandana was a gift from GIMH. Red for Republican!






These last flowers are perhaps my favorite flowers ever (as you can tell from my blog header) and I just can't get over how beautiful they are. Without sounding too over the top, I just have to say that these flowers always remind me of God's awesome power of creation. If I could design my perfect flower, with the most beautiful shades of pink and green, that's what I'd make. And He created it like it was no big deal, along with 100 billion other things.

And since I'm in an uploading mood, here's a video of Sophie doing a circuit**, which she sometimes does after coming inside, especially if she got wet. I only caught the last few seconds of it, but imagine this going on for several minutes:



Hope your night was just as fun!

*I'm not crazy. It's our Saturday, since it's Ryan's first day off.

**That's what we call it when dogs run back and forth, or in some sort of pattern, over and over. Is that just our thing, or is it called that? Along those same lines, we also call Sophie's bandanas, like the red one she's wearing, a "pretty girl." Not sure how that started, but I KNOW that's of our creation.

8 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear you had a great night. I like how you're all covered up and Ryan's not. I hate bugs. haha. Sophie just seems like the sweetest dog :)
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like me in the summer time! :) I wear fleece pants to bed! :) I don't use gloves either.

    I love sophie! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie, that Sophie Belle :)

    I love your flowers- you certainly have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is another great site,

    http://www.makingbabies.com or is it .org ?

    her diet is great

    also, endometriosis.org/diet

    gardening is great, just watch the chem fertilizers

    ReplyDelete
  5. saw this post last night, then went on a walk today and saw your fav. flowers. Prayed for you.
    gotta love blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants really are impressive. And, if you hadn't mentioned the lack of a trowel, I'd have thought you were a true pro - I have a trowel but NO spade, and in our clay soil, that's pretty useless. Maybe we should join forces. And you can teach my not to kill my basil this time (round three)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the pics! The flowers are gorgeous and Sophie is too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete