Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sick of it

It's just one of the days when this is all too much. I can't fathom that I won't experience a pregnancy. That I won't ever, ever, ever have that. That I won't have the excitement of telling my husband, of going to ob appointments, or of deciding if we want to know the gender. That I won't have kids that look like me. That I won't know what it's like to give birth. People won't come see me and my newborn in the hospital. I won't breast feed. The reality of it makes me want to puke.

I can't do this. I can't stand being constantly bombarded by other people's happiness. And normalcy. I can't stand the 352 times a day I come across photos of other people's children, pregnancy announcements, birth announcements, or their talk of how great, or how hard, motherhood is.

No matter what prayers I say, no matter what treatments I try, no matter how I chart, it's not happening. Five years without even a miscarriage. I'd be a fool to think that after all this time I'm just going to wind up pregnant one day. If I did, it would be a miracle and would probably go down in blog folklore. I am not the type of person that stuff like that happens to.

I am SO sick of holding back tears all day every day. I am so sick of ruining my make-up.

I have no option. I will have to live in a world full of fertile people for however long God wills. I don't think this will ever get any easier. 

24 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry.
    You and I seem to be on similar timelines. I haven't given up all hope yet, but I am beginning to get glimmers of what a future without a pregnancy might look like.
    Wish I could make you feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry also, and saying a prayer for you. I know that this isn't going to make you feel better, but I truly believe that this infertility struggle you are facing will end with joy, peace, and children. I am just so sorry you're having to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of feel the same way. Sometimes I just feel so crazy looking back on all these years of NO pregnancy and really thinking that it would ever happen. It just sucks when it all hits and there is nothing you can do about it. So sorry you are hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :(

    Big gigantic hugs to you, my friend. There are no words, I feel the same way as you lately, and it just plain sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just know there are many people praying for you and will continue to do so.
    Be gentle with yourself. Your feelings are true, deep, and necessary right now. God can use all of this to somehow mend your heart. hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, and I'll be praying for you. This infertility thing sucks. I definitely understand the sentiment, even though I've not been going through it for as long as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. keeping you especially in mind today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. I consider myself blessed never to have had a m/c, but I also know it means that hope is unreasonable. All these years and tears and blog posts could be an absurd prelude to an absurder future. But it shouldn't happen to you. I assumed I was doomed and checked out from the start. You tried everything and had multiple surgeries and never stopped pestering your RE. And you hoped. It isn't fair, and I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. it's like you read my mind today, but you could get the words out.

    it's been 5 years for me too.. i often think i'm blessed that i have not gone through a miscarriage, but then days like these i just see it as my body being broken for NOTHING to have happened at this point.

    not that it makes it any easier, but i feel your pain.

    better days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am with you 1000%.

    i'm even getting tired of people telling me that i will eventually have a baby. honestly, how can they believe it if i can't????

    perhaps we'll have to start a fundraiser so we can buy infertile island....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry. I wish we could just take each others pain away. I pray for peace for you...for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, K, I know.

    I totally know. And somehow, on some days, it matters not whether will adopt 10 kids. It just hurts and is impossible to swallow, that we can't bear children.

    I just hope and pray that we all will, one day, defy the odds and have our babies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh. I'm so with you. Especially right now - since it's Cycle Day 2for me. It feels like it will NEVER EVER happen! I'm sick of people telling me that it will. Ugh.

    The good news is that we get to hang out tomorrow and have some girl time!!! :) Looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be praying for you- these days are so tough {hug}

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh K, I'm sorry. We are sick of it with you and for you.
    Lord, have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I"m so sorry! bug hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, K, your pain is tangible.
    Yesterday was a rough day for me. Everything just felt overwhelming. I am so prone to overthinking and anxiety and feeling down just as you are. And oh how the devil likes it. I think he sits waiting for me to have a hint of despair and then takes advantage.

    Anyway, you know I pray for you. Enjoy a wonderful day with your sisters in Christ tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I won't stop praying for you. I pray God gives you strength. I'm sorry things are so hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snap!

    I so understand how you feel, and whilst the pain might not lessen I am holding onto the hope that I will become better at dealing with it.

    Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello. I am a lurker, but I wanted to add a comment today. Two things: first, don't give up hope that God will send you the child that is right for you, whether by nature or by adoption. A very good friend of mine just conceived after 81/2 years of trying and praying (male factor). Second, there are some alternative treatments that are open to Catholics. When I looked at the USCCB webpage I saw one called "tubal ovum transfer." I'd never heard of it, but it sounds something like Catholic IVF.

    Please know that you have the prayers of a complete stranger! I have struggled with infertility myself and I have depended on the prayers of others, especially Carmelite nuns!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ditto- i'm sick of it too. I'm so sorry. Some days are just tougher than other, you know. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so sorry you're having another rough spell. Why can't we all just feel better and stay that way. This roller coaster makes an infertile crazy!

    I will keep praying like crazy that God finally gives us some relief from this craziness. Lord PLEASE PLEASE let us be done with this journey!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time of it this week. I totally relate with the not being able to stand being constantly bombarded with other people's happiness and I'm only 2 years into this journey so I can only imagine what it must be like for you. Paul and I went to 5:30 Mass at your parish on Saturday and the family that presented the gifts had just had their 6th child. The mom had that just left the hospital look... both Paul and I burst into tears.

    For me sometimes it's hardest right after moutain top experiences and Saturday morning was definitely that. It was so wonderful to finally meet you! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better this summer. Hang in there, you're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I know exactly how you feel. I am trying so hard to try to accept God's will and trust in God. I asked God if it's not His will for us to have children then please take away this desire in my heart. Well, the desire is still in my heart!

    I feel like I have a huge mountain in front of me and it can't be moved (the mountain of infertility and endometriosis stage four). Ed and I bought the clear blue fertility monitor and we are doing the Creighton/NFP method. We have been charting and ttc (trying to conceive now)for almost two years (our anniversary is June 16th). It's funny. I know the time of the month when I'm fertile and we take advantage of those times. But still nothing happens.

    Sometimes I feel like just throwing the chart, the monitor, and everything out the window and just giving up. Maybe God wants us to adopt, but right now due to $$$ issues we can't afford to do that either.

    I've been praying the rosary along with a tape and it's definitely helping me with this struggle. I asked God and the Blessed Mother to please help me be able to accept not being able to have children, but I can't pray that usually without bursting into tears. It's so painful. I am not sure what God's will is for me or what He wants me to do. I will continue praying the rosary and trying to trust more. I'm trying. I'm really trying!!

    It's also frustrating because I just had a second surgery with a very good surgeon who is an expert on endometriosis on April 1st and I'm already experiencing some signs/symptons that the endometriosis is returning. I've been trying so hard to eat right, not drink Pepsi, not eat bad foods, and managed to lose 30 + pounds, but still I can't seem to get pregnant and now I think the endometriosis is returning no matter what I do.

    Maybe again the solution is offering up these sufferings for the conversion of sinners? I don't know.

    Thinking of you and praying for you!

    P.S. Could you PLEASE pray for me? My doctor's office is concerned about my liver. They say my enzymes are high. I am going to be re-tested for the third time next Friday June 19th! They say if this test comes out high also they will send me to see a liver specialist!

    Sorry to bother you, but I wanted you to know I'm praying for you every day AND ask for your prayers too!

    May God Bless you.

    Love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete