Monday, June 22, 2009

Sewing project and a new cycle

I can't really think of anything to write lately. I think my brain is fried.

I took advantage of a window of opportunity this weekend when I wasn't as fatigued as I have been and made a few purses for my sister's wedding. One for my mom and the other two for me and my sister who will be matron of honor and maid or honor, respectively. Don't get me wrong, I was still out of it and had to really push myself to get off the couch, and I even had to hold myself up a couple times when I was light-headed, but to get anything done is a huge relief in my current state. I now have six table-runners left to make, as well as some other non-sewing projects.

Here is my mom's on the left and my smaller one on the right (mine also has a detachable handle, as you'll see below):


This is my sister's, which is identical to mine. They match our dresses, which are brown with a sash of the same blue silk fabric, which I also made:





The inside of my sister's:



And a make-up bag to go inside my mom's bag:



The handles are all detachable and the bags can also be used as clutches. I'm happy with them, especially since I stressed about having to make the purse for a while (I didn't decide to do the additional bags until my mom's was finished). I had the idea to make it when I was feeling kind of good, and then, well, I hit a rough patch. It's also part of my creative process to think (i.e. stress, worry) about my idea for a while.

Other than actually doing something productive this weekend, I still feel like crap (mentally, that is. Physically, I feel surprisingly well). I'll probably be starting a new cycle today. It will have been a twelve-day luteal phase, which is not bad, if I'm trying to stay positive. Not great, but acceptable.

But I still have been irritable, exhausted, unmotivated, depressed. Seriously, I am not a functioning member of society! And I can't blame all of this on infertility because there are people in far worse situations who get off the couch and make something of themselves.

But, of course, I am blaming it on infertility. It has sucked me of everything. It has made me a ball of raw nerves.

I'm probably going to go shopping today with a gift card I have, trying to drown my sorrow with material purchases. Such is the story of my life - finding outside activities that may help me to forget, for a second, that I can't bear children like everyone else. It never works.

I should probably end this post or else I will have a lot of not so great things to say. I am torn between not wanting to be negative but also being honest. Honesty usually wins and that doesn't make for a very uplifting blog.

I pray that Lifehopes surgery was successful this morning. Please, God, we need some good news!

12 comments:

  1. We would be a ball full of fun if we lived near each other today! I don't even want to imagine, it might be a train wreck! All I can say is I am TOTALLY with you!

    I love the purses!!!! I have a zebra bag cut for the past month that I haven't gotten to yet. :)

    In my barren state I am pitching everything that is in my way! I hope I don't need anything! But my goal is to be able to see room in the closets. It's working, my trunk is full but the sad thing is that I am still barren. :) hahahaha

    Whatever works I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. COME ON LH!!!!! I hope it all goes well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purses are beautiful and I love the brown/blue colors together.

    So sorry you're feeling so down. That is my entire mental state the last few days of a cycle after I know it hasn't worked, but AF hasn't come yet.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The purses look great! I'm sorry that you're down... of course I'm right there with you in feeling down... honesty is a good thing. I'm praying for you and Lifehopes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it does everyone more good to tell the truth. Putting a happy face on everything just means that everyone else - who probably experiences this pretty similarly to you - is a failure for not being happy too. And, you do have happy posts, also.

    Those handbags are TRULY impressive. Frankly, I think you get far more gold stars for accomplishing something when it's hard than when it's easy. Not to mention, when I am tired and cranky and do something difficult (like a sewing project), I rapidly become impatient, and cut corners and refuse to redo seams when I have done them wrong. The final product is always shoddy as a result. These are beautiful.

    And I have to say I'm with you on the lethargy. It's where I am in my cycle, and this cold I can't shake, and (I swear) the recently-diagnosed thyroid problem too. I haven't run in WEEKS. But even the small accomplishments feel like victories.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the purses! I can't believe how well they turned out. Sounds like you've been busy!!!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving those purses! You girls are going to look so pretty for the wedding!

    I hear ya on the complete exhaustion. I hope some ounce of good news comes SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i admire your sewing talent so much! you could make tons of money selling your stuff!

    i love the brown/blue combo! it's so fresh and classy. what do the bridesmaid's dresses look like?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys!

    Here is the dress (ours are in chocolate): http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/
    WeddingParties/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses
    /strapless/PRDOVR~11922/11922.jsp

    (I had to separate the link on different lines so it'd fit, but it's supposed to be all one line)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the purses! You truly are so talented!

    Sorry to hear that you're feeling so down and crappy. Ugh. It just stinks. How was the shopping? Did you come home with anything fun?

    Have you heard from LH's about surgery??

    ReplyDelete
  11. The purses are gorgeous from the outside -- but what an awesome surprise to see the linings in them! Hope the shopping helped, at least for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful purses. I could never do anything like that. Talented you are!

    Hugs to you and I pray that the Lord heal you and open your womb.

    ReplyDelete