It's 10:30 p.m. and I'm not taking my T3!
I started my new thyroid meds today and so far, so good. I was super nervous to start them for some reason. I was having almost like a panic attack about it, but I just took the first one this morning and it was fine. I guess I was nervous after hearing about possible side effects, mainly heart palpitations and a racing heartbeat, which I am prone to. But then I realized hopefully the right combination of thyroid meds will fix that, not make it worse!
I can't describe to you what a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders by stopping the slow-release T3. No more temps and pulses. No more guilt about not taking my temps and pulses! And no more calling PPVI. And I thought eating after 8:30 would take some getting used to, but it didn't! I had no problem breaking the habit and having some food tonight!
I'm now off to adoration where I'll pray for all of you. I'm also going to ask God to help me get back on track. I've been way off of it lately. This post was a good wake-up call though.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
The end of an era
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
have you ever heard anything about thyroid and low BBT temperatures? it seems like i've read something about that somewhere but can't place where i heard it...
ReplyDeletemy husband and i signed up for weekly adoration and tonight was our first night! we loved it.
Yes - That is the basis of PPVI's thyroid study (which I was a part of until now) - that low temps are a sign of a slow thyroid, even if it doesn't show up in bloodwork. It's also called Wilson's Sydrome, and is kind of controversial in the thyroid world. In the year and three months I was on the slow-release T3 I did notice my bbt temps rise.
ReplyDeleteThat's great about signing up for adoration. I love it too!
Yay! So glad for the change with your thyroid medicine! Hope your time in adoration was peaceful.
ReplyDeleteSo did PPVI advise you about how to wean yourself off the T3 or did you just stop taking it abruptly? Is there anything special you needed to do to withdraw from the study? I've been putting off calling PPVI because I know I'll meet some resistance and I don't want to be talked back into continuing the drug.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new meds. You sounded "lighter" in your post, too, so that's good.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for posting the link to the other post. Wow! What she wrote about how she would have said she's happy but her family would have disagreed... wow. That was very powerful. Whatever we're struggling with, the concept of unconditional love and trusting in the Lord to give us what we need is something we can take with us and work on our entire lives. (It reminded me of Mass this Sunday actually -- the priest said something in his homily about not getting what we want from the Lord but getting what we need and being open to that. It reminded me of the Rolling Stones! It also would have sent me over the edge if I was still ttc at the moment, I think because of the fear that what I want and need are different. Having that trust in the Lord is so overwhelming.)
Keeping you in my prayers and hoping you see some changes with the new meds!
I have low bbt and my thyroid labs come back fine. I have low adrenal function too. I cant find a dr to help so I live with it.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Mike - No, I actually didn't tell them yet! But I am still taking T3, it's just not slow-release (the big thing is that it's once a day, which means I just wake up and take it so I'm not going without eating later in the day like I was before.. and my dr. doesn't need temps and pulses). And I guess I just have to trust that my doctor knows what he's doing. I don't know though.. I've felt panicky the last 12 hours so we'll see!
ReplyDeleteYay!
ReplyDelete