My appointment went well. Surgery is the plan. Hopefully I'll get in this summer for it with Dr. L. I have a surgical consult with her in a few weeks.
He was very happy with how I responded to the tamoxifen and apparently the 'very small' follicle he saw the other day in the u/so was actually just the right size. He knew I was about to ovulate the next day, and it turns out I probably did since that was my peak day.
He said I could try injectables but thinks I should get any problems out of the way first with surgery. I also asked about the mthfr and he said it would cost around $900 so getting tested isn't realistic but because I feel called to test for it, he said he will just treat like he would if I did test positive - by having me take baby aspirin and folic acid. Because I asked, he is also giving me the adrenal test. He's also testing my thyroid and might tweak what I'm taking (and no more temps and pulses with ppvi!)
I asked about my false positive and he thinks it was a very early miscarriage. He doesn't think all doctors would say the same though.
We're at the shrine now so I've got to go. I'll post more tomorrow!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Another surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW! You had quite an appointment! I'm glad that you were able to ask all your questions and leave with a plan. I can't believe that you're going to have another surgery! I continue to pray for healing for you. Keep us posted on your thoughts as you reflect on everything...
ReplyDeletethinking of you, and hoping you feel at peace with the next steps in your plan.
ReplyDeleteWas is disconcerting or comforting that he said you could have had a very early miscarriage?
Praying for you.
Actually, and I know it's a sensitive issue, but I was glad to hear it. If I knew for sure, I'd be really hopeful, but of course I'm doubting it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the prayers!
sounds like you had a very informative and thorough visit with your doctor. i'm so glad that you got the answers that you needed.
ReplyDeletei'm sending you prayers and i hope you're having a great time!
It sounds like you had a very informative meeting! Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts about everything and what you are going to do next. Many prayers for wisdom and guidance!
ReplyDeleteThis is totally off topic, but I hope you DVR-ed Real Housewives of NJ finale tonight!!!!
Sounds like a great doctors appointment!! Keep us posted on the surgery!
ReplyDeleteI think the extra folic and aspirin is great but what about the extra b12 & B6 you need as well. I am on foltab 2x a day with extra B6. But if I had I was the one with the problem instead of my DH, we would need more intense help. I think you should look into that MTFR again.
My dh tested for it and our insurance paid for it and it paid only $125. I would really suggest looking into that.
Just being devils advocate if you do have it you need help pre conceptually (SP)?
Sounds like a great plan for surgery. Did you mention anything to him about the papercut type of pains?
oh, i said a prayer for you earlier. thank God it seems your appointment went well.
ReplyDeleteI don't know, it seems to me that good things are ahead of you.
prayers for the fortitude that you and your husband will need during all of this!
I'm sorry I missed your appt date- please know that I was praying for its success, and it sounds like it was just that!
ReplyDeleteMy thrombophila panel was covered under my labwork- I didn't even have to pay a co-pay! Is there any way he could order it for you to be done at a lab rather than at the office? I just think these clotting factors can be so crucial, especially if you had more than 1 of them (like Factor V Leiden, etc.)
I, too, have had my suspicions about your false + pg test. I tend to agree with your Dr... which, while a huge thing to think about, is actually quite optimistic, if you HAVE been able to get pg, and RECENTLY at that! I think if someone has to go through a m/c, this is probably the easiest way- - in not ever TRULY knowing if that's what it was. (I still wonder about my + from hCG injections back in Jan '08, honestly, but I've decided it's better not to know for sure, but to still have the optimism like I DO know... make any sense??)
Anyway, I'm so excited for you and your upcoming plans!
I'm glad your appointment went well and that you have a plan. Hope that your new testing and surgery go well. The $900 price tag on the MTHFR test seems high. I had a full panel of tests for blood-clotting disorders - now I'm curious to look back at what the tests cost. I think it was a little over $1,000 for a whole slew of tests and it was covered by insurance.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of info to absorb. If you did have an early m/c, that should be hopeful and I believe I had one last Easter....it just felt different and I was way late. Heavier cycle, longer, all that. I wish I could find a good adrenal test. Keep us posted on how that goes.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the appointment went well! You're always in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh and great pictures! Also, maybe you could ask about having your homocystine levels checked instead of the other test? That's what they did for me, much cheaper! The folic acid and baby aspirin makes sense, too. They won't hurt you and if you DO have MTHFR, they'll hopefully help!
ReplyDeleteK, you can self order the MTHFR test, it's about $400.....if you want a link for it, just email me I'll send it to you.
ReplyDelete