This is turning into one heck of a first week of my cycle.
Last Sunday and Monday were spotting days, Tuesday was abdominal pain, Wednesday was nausea and abdominal pain, Thursday I actually felt a little better, Friday more abdominal pain and a migraine, Saturday was horrible left-side pain and exhaustion along with some serious bloating, and today I almost fainted and can hardly get off the couch. Oh, and I also had some more abdominal pain.
What is with me?
I can't help but wonder if the endo is back. I mean, all this abdominal pain cannot be just normal cycle stuff, can it? If I had to rate it on a scale of one to ten (and keep in mind I am a former [hopefully former] endo girl who experienced level 10 pain all the time), I would say it is a two or three. Except yesterday morning was probably a seven. But I should also note that I took advil several times this week, something I don't normally do, which shows it was worse than normal.
But then I wonder whether perhaps my medication - or lack thereof - is causing the wackiness. I was low on T3 capsules this past week so I went down to one a day, and three weeks ago I went without my bromocriptine. So not exactly compelling evidence, but it could possibly be related to the exhaustion and feeling faint. But to abdominal pain? I doubt it.
The near-fainting spell happened today at Mass (actually Fertile Thoughts was sitting right behind me, so she would have witnessed the whole thing!). The few times I have felt faint at church (which hasn't happened in a year) have been when I was kneeling and today was no different. What is it about that? Anyways, it passed and I started feeling better after going up for communion, but have continued to feel out of it all day.
Another interesting symptom - I think I lost the ability to taste salt the last few days. At first I thought it was the food, and as I was cooking I just kept adding an obscene amount of salt to things. Things just didn't taste right, like they were missing that bite that salt gives things. Then last night, after asking my husband about it, I realized that it wasn't the food, it was me. My mother said the inability to taste salt, and the desire to keep adding it to food, could be a thyroid issue. Apparently my uncle had that problem for years. So if that is true, then I guess you could blame the fact that I took only one T3 capsule a day this past week. But I never had salt issues before the T3! And I was hoping to go off of it soon. Now it might actually be helping me? Ahh!
Just another question to ask my doctor. The list is growing long.
Anyways, I can't help but think of all those times I've asked God to reveal anything else that may be wrong with me. Perhaps that is exactly what he is doing.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Weird symptoms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you're so lucky to have a nurse for a mom!
ReplyDeletei always have a long list to ask my napro doctor. i'm so lucky that she's so patient and she always takes her time to answer all of my concerns. i really hope that your doctor helps your figure out what all the wackiness is all about!
The ab pain could be endo, it sometimes does come back. Keep a daily log of all your symptoms, if you want, I can send you a PMS chart, just email me. When is your next appt?
ReplyDeleteMy next appointment is June 16. And I've kept a daily log of symptoms since the fall. Hopefully it will help my doctor, since I've been so diligent about keeping track of everything! What is a pms chart?
ReplyDeleteI just can't get over how adamant Dr. Hilgers was about it never coming back. I mean, he said if it even did, it wouldn't be for many, many years, after I'd had several children (haha!). I know they can't know for sure, but still. If I do have it again, I'll probably be the one patient in a 1,000 of his who has that happen!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI just about wanted to jump over the pue (sp?) today at Mass and ask how your feeling!!! I noticed something was up and I thought it would be rude if I tapped you to see what was up...maybe you don't prefer me to make a scene at Mass, haha! No but I felt horrible today having to rush off afterwards. Seriously I wanted to chat with you about everything but L.ou had to run and Ugh! I am sorry I couldn't have been more supportive. I was praying for you on the way to our house just hoping everything was o.k.
ReplyDeleteI don't get it...have you had a full bleeding cycle or just the spotting because that sure sounds like a lot of abdominal pain and symptoms. I am so glad you have a Dr.s appointment coming up so you can get an answer to all these questions. It just seems so weird that you would have all these crazy symptoms right now. I am hoping that the rest of the week gets easier for you!!!
Amber xoxox
When was your endo surgery?
ReplyDeleteI don't think why it wouldn't come back. It won't come back where they excised, it but I don't see why it won't come back if it's supposedly genetic. Right, I guess we are all at risk for it coming back. Stupid MFHTPFLIJESDN!
I think it could have to do with your meds running low. Are you having a hard time getting script refills from your doctor?
That salt thing is crazy! I never salt my food just until recently. But when I had endo I stayed away from it, now I enjoy it! ;)
I am sorry you are having all of these crazy symptoms. Before IF I always wondered if there was something wrong with me. Now, I just feel ill all the time. :( It gets old after a while.
WHen will you get your T3 refilled?
Amber - I KNEW you knew something was up! Haha.. We have a sense for that I guess! Thanks for the prayers!
ReplyDeleteSew - My surgery was a year and a half ago - in Jan. 08. What you're saying seems like it could be totally true, but I asked Hilgers that at the time and he still said it wouldn't. Although my current dr says Hilgers has know way of knowing that for sure. I don't know. It could be adhesions too, I guess. And I got my T3 in the mail on Sat. so I'm back on all my meds now.
the thyroid is one reason for the salt as is adrenal fatigue. Well, with adrenal fatigue it's more a salt craving!
ReplyDeleteHave you talked to your Dr about LDN? I read that Hilgers used it, and it's good for those with endo. Just curious. I"ll be writing about in my blog soon.
Take care and God Bless.
Crazy, crazy symptoms. I hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDelete