Just a warning - about 75% of this post is related to certain t.v. shows. Fox shows in particular, actually. I know that might sound a little pathetic, but it's a great t.v. week. And anything to get my mind off of infertility, right?
So, for starters, I am SO excited about American Idol tonight. I was a Danny fan from the start, but when he started going a little too adult contemporary for my taste, I switched to Kris. And then, about a month ago, Kris sang one of my favorite songs ever and that sealed the deal for me.
And while this might cause you to think less, or at least differently, of me, I must admit that his performance of it is currently my ring tone. Although I regret it every time someone calls me while I'm in a silent, crowded post office. And every time my husband hears it and then gets it in his head. "Take this sinking boat and point it home, we've still got time. Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice, you'll make it now..." over and over and over. It is pretty poignant though, isn't it?
And how incredibly humble was Kris when he won? Not the fake humble we often see from Hollywood, but a real humility. He seemed truly embarrassed, like it was a mistake and he felt silly that somehow it had turned out that way. I know we don't really know them, but he seems like such a nice guy. And how cute is he with his little blonde wife?
So I'm calling it now - I think Danny might release a Christian album. It could happen! He is a praise and worship leader at his church, and he would be so successful in that genre. Anyways, that's just my personal hope. But if he does, I totally called it!
Oh, and did anyone watch Glee? When they showed the girl singing "On My Own" in front of a video camera in her bedroom, I couldn't help but picture all of us who commented a while back on TCIE's blog about singing the same song ourselves. Although that girl sure sings it better than I ever did!! I am obsessed with her voice. And how about the two musical numbers - Rehab and Don't Stop Believing? Awesome!
And, last but not least, one of my all-time favorite shows begins tomorrow. Six words: So You Think You Can Dance. Enough said.
So I'm sure that's more than you ever wanted to hear about my take on television shows.
In infertility news, I had my peak +7 blood draw today. I'll have peak +9 drawn on Friday, but peak +11 isn't going to happen. It's a Sunday, and then Monday is a holiday. Is it worth going on peak +13 on Tuesday? I guess it actually would be interesting just to see what it is that late in the cycle. And it's not like my doctor cares.
Ooohh, ooohh...Speaking of my doctor, he is coming to our next infertility support group meeting! He wants to hear from real women suffering with infertility. How great is that? Thanks to Grace In My Heart for emailing with him to pin down a date. He is truly a wonderful man. I have so much respect for him.
Well the big bridal shower is in just a couple days. I can't wait! Here's what I've been working on the last couple of weeks:

My mom made the jam and I designed the logos and my youngest sister and I put them on, and then I did all the fabric on the tops. And, yes, that is an endless sea of jam. It's going to be a huge shower!
By the way, you should be happy to know that my blog is truly affecting my life now. My mom and I went right by the Kateri Tekakwitha shrine today, but I didn't stop for one reason and one reason only - I didn't have my camera. I couldn't possibly go there and not take pictures for you all to see! (If a blogger visits a shrine but doesn't have a camera with her, did she really visit the shrine at all?) We're going on Friday though, so hopefully I'll have lots of pictures to share.
Alright. Time for bed! I'm on a whole new schedule here!
As long as you didn't forego seeing the shrine altogether just for us! I've been to both shrines (I think - definitely the NSNAM), and they were awesome. If you haven't done it already, walk through the valley with the story of St. Isaac Jogues' death. It's really moving.
ReplyDeleteThat jam is a labor of love right there. SERIOUSLY.
Ha ha... you are so funny! I have enjoyed being distracted by TV lately as well. I loved Danny too and I bet you're right about the Christian album. Do you remember Chris Sly from a couple seasons ago? I hear his song on our local Christian station all the time.
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME that your doc is coming to your meeting! I'm so impressed that you were able to make that work.
Also, it's so annoying when important cycle dates land on the weekends - especially long weekends! I'm supposed to get my ultrasound done around ovulation this cycle, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be on Sunday. :( If so I'll have to wait until next cycle.
Hope you're enjoying your time at home! :)
Save me some jam! OMG! Those favors are precious!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour Dr. is awesome! That is a great sign! :)
I was incredibly disappointed with American Idol last night. Yes I'm very glad Kris won I was pulling for him, he seems like a great guy.
ReplyDeleteI'm shocked at the "bikini girl" and the new judge "stripping" on stage. She is "old enough to know better" it was immature and raunchy. There were ALOT of young kids watching that show last night, seeing that trash and I really REALLY am very disappointed.
I was thinking Dr. B might cancel too, haha! Prayers that he doesn't! I'll have to email him that we are in the process of making this meeting very organized and we are getting food... :)
ReplyDeleteLove the jam!!! So pretty!!!
Kris was great! I totally think he was completely shocked when he won - it was obvious he was NOT expecting that!
ReplyDeleteI recorded Glee on our DVR but haven't watched it yet. It looks good!
I watched Glee! And now I'm obsessed with Journey. Haha.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, SYTYCD!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will be missing it, along with Mass tonight, for a Networking education meeting at my adoption agency. I hope God, and Fox, can forgive me ;)
I wish I could go to your infertility support group meeting! I am so jealous.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should start one in my area...