Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Craziness

I think I'm losing my mind.

I have never been this down and strung-out for so long. Usually it passes after a couple days and I return to my normal mildly-depressed-but-able-to-cope-with-the-fertile-world-for-the-most-part state. Well I haven't bounced back yet. 

I am sad. I am constantly reminded of my childlessness and it seems to hurt more than normal. I am considering getting off of face.book because I cannot take one more status update about the joys of parenthood.

I am irritable (really?). Everything feels like I am trying to swim upstream and nothing is easy. Things annoy me for no reason, from the way my clothes fit to the way my printer prints out. I am crabby and taking it out on my husband. It's like I see it all happening but cannot seem to help it. I want to yell, "K, no! You're being a huge b&*@%!" but I just keep on b*&%ing.

Oh, and all food grosses me out right now for some reason. The mere thought of it makes my stomach turn. If I think about what I've eaten the past few days I want to vomit. Not that anything is wrong with what I've eaten, but it just sounds VERY wrong to me for some weird reason. On top of that, though, I still get hungry, which makes it all the more difficult.

I should also add that you don't need to worry about me wasting away. For some bizarre reason, literally the only thing that doesn't gross me out right now is this. Go figure. But I do need something to take my gazillion pills with, so I've made two low G.I. versions of it in the past three days.

That brings me to my physical symptoms - I am nauseous, my head hurts, I have stabbing lower abdominal pain that comes and goes. And my favorite - I have had pressure on my bladder and feel like I have to pee all the time. This has been for about the last 24 hours.

I really don't know what is happening to me.

I also really hope this isn't considered complaining. I don't mean for it to come off like that. I just wanted to document my symptoms and my craziness. I would go through all of this gladly, patiently, if I knew it didn't mean something else was seriously wrong. Could it be the Tamoxifen? But, if so, why hasn't it affected me this way before? I remember the first month I didn't feel so great around the time I took the pills, but I've been fine every other cycle. 

Speaking of cycles, today is cycle day eight and after a period lasting four days (H,H,L,M), I've had three days of peak-type mucus.

Who knows. I will offer it up for all those who needs God's mercy, and for all those in need of conversion.

14 comments:

  1. Hi, I don't know much about Tamoxifen, and I know you had some bleeding, but maybe you and Sew should test together! (Take this with a grain of salt, because I am the last one to feel confident about testing!!) Your symptoms are sounding suspicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a little depression. When I was taking letrozole I felt that same way. It would get better post peak when I was on HcG. Do you exercise? When I am irritable it directly relates to when I am not exercising. Also, maybe you need some serotonin. I natural way is to use tryptophan, found at natural food stores. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are at a cross-roads with your treatment plan, and that alone can make someone crazy. I always feel better about life when there is some plan of attack, and this is especially so when things are not going my way. I am praying you get another appointment with your doctor soon, so that you can develop a new treatment plan that you feel confident in and are excited to pursue.

    May I also recommend that you go back and read your post regarding your infertility struggles and Immaculee. I remember feeling particularly inspired in regards to my own areas of suffering after reading what you wrote, and it might help for you to read through that now and know that you are being tested bigtime right now!

    Prayers for you that things seem brighter soon, and that God Blesses you with a baby immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your physical and emotional symptoms. I often have PMS type symptoms during my fertile window. Also at the beginning of my cycle and the middle of my cycle I have to pee all the time - I always tell Paul that some day when I do get pregnant I'll have to live in the bathroom. ;o) Hang in there, I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering if it's no coincidence that when we are feeling our absolute WORST is also when our cycles are just NOT making sense, or cooperating in the least. That always seems to be the case for me, too.

    I am so sorry about this! I hear you about FB... what I can't stand even MORE is my guy friend whose wife had two early m/cs before her current pg (due ANY DAY, actually may be overdue at this point)- and he is constantly updating with stuff like, "OK, pg, you were great, thanks for a lovely 9 months, but any time you want to be finished is just great..." How quickly ppl seem to forget the other side. I will NEVER, EVER forget, that I know!

    The kid updates are also less hurtful to me than the pg announcements or updates, for some reason. Maybe because as time goes on, I realize that kids are not as unattainable to me as pg is. Sigh. Can I join you for a piece of crumb cake? Or an entire cake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I know this is an awful thing to say, but do you ever sound pregnant! Was your last cycle shorter or longer than usual? (I bet you've said, but I forget.)

    Since you're mid-cycle, it would be emotionally harmless to POAS, right? Do it for everyone on pins and needles in blogland...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Misfit you crack me up! We need a pot of money that everyone pulls into. So when the blogworld jumps on your case to take a pregnancy test, we can take the money from the pot we contributed too.

    I think I might be taking things to far. :) Sucka face IF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I know is that I hate you are feeling so badly.

    I wish I could take it away from you because neither you NOR your husband deserve to have to go through any of this.

    None of us do. But somehow, it seems to happen to some pretty damn good people, doesn't it? That has to be some consolation ... like, maybe we are the chosen ones? ha ha .. okay who am I kidding? Chosen for infertility?

    I want out!!!!

    It is seriously draining and it is understandable that you are hurting and depressed and pissy.

    I am going to pray extra hard for you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate that you are feeling so down. I can offer you my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i felt like i was going crazy until yesterday. being hormone-free last month almost made me lose my mind. i have not felt so crazy since i actually went crazy (which i did, back in university, it took me YEARS to recover as well as many hours of therapy).

    the one thing that makes me feel better when i'm feeling crazy is exercise. ever since i discovered the gym my moods have leveled out. i started with power walking then i worked up to jogging then i started going to a gym. it made me feel like i was finally in control of something in my life. if it wasn't for exercise i'm sure that i would've already lost my infertile mind!

    i hope that this passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you on the face.book thing. Every time I see another status update "I'm staying home with my wonderful babies, isn't life great?", I want to just reach through the intertubes and strangle the person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. K,
    YOU'RE IN OUR PRAYERS!!! I am so sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. Honestly I don't know what your symptoms mean...the only thing that popped into my head was maybe a bladder infection? Just a guess. Last time I had one those were my symptoms. I am more than likely SO far off on this one. Just thought I'd throw out a guess. I hope you're taking it easy and pampering yourself while your feeling down. IF is so heavy, I don't blame you for feeling so sad! By the way, F.acebook is no help to the situtation! I completely agree. Dh seriously advices me not to even go on because of how depressing it is to everyone's beautiful children.
    Many prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for ya. How are you feeling today? Any different? I hope you can take a little consolation in the fact that we are all with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete