Friday, August 29, 2008

I CANNOT believe it!


Wow!!!!!!!!!!! She has been my dream pick for McCain's running mate, but in recent months I had resigned myself to the fact that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin wasn't the one. And then my husband woke me up this morning SCREAMING that she was it!


From Wikipedia, about her baby with Downs Syndrome:


Palin refused to let the results of prenatal genetic testing change her decision to have the baby. "I'm looking at him right now, and I see perfection," Palin said. "Yeah, he has an extra chromosome. I keep thinking, in our world, what is normal and what is perfect?"

She is just incredible. Incredible! I honestly didn't think he had it in him. I am SO proud of John McCain for this pick! He has officially fired me up, so I hope the rest of the conservative base is too!


****

Update

Just watched her speech and I am in AWE. I didn't want it to end. And when she walked out - TO THE THEME FROM RUDY, I might add - with her children and her daughter holding her little baby, I cried. One of the best political moments I have ever witnessed.


4 comments:

  1. I missed the speech, I'll have to find it online somewhere... but heard the news on the radio in the car and thought immediately, "How SMART of John McCain!" I hope she brings as many votes as I'm thinking she will. She sounds incerdible- truth be told, I don't know much about her, but after your post I'm already in love with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW!!! I am so excited! She's been my pick for months too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Go Palin Go!!

    She is our team's secret weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited! I'm a moderate and I knew I wasn't voting for Obama but I was iffy about McCain. She totally seals the deal for me, I love her!

    ReplyDelete