Beth tagged me last weekend for this meme. I'm a little late, but here goes - 25 random things about me (and I will warn you, they are ran-dom):
1. I hate watching a movie I've seen before and would never, ever, ever read a book twice (I know it's not popular to say, but I'm lucky if I read a book once).
2. I wear glasses most of the time, ever since contacts started bothering my eyes a few years ago, but I hate to be photographed with them on.
3. I am an artist, but I haven't done a painting in a year and a half.
4. I do not believe the Global Warming hype. I am a conservationist and while global temperatures may currently be rising, I'm among those who don't believe it's man's fault nor even necessarily a crisis. And if I have to see one more green network television logo, I'm going to scream.
5. I used to play the clarinet and the alto sax and loved it, but haven't played since high school.
6. I used to play the piano but the only song I know by heart is Canon in D, which is my specialty.
7. I can't whistle.
8. My engagement ring is my grandmother's diamond (we were super close but she died when I was little).
9. The jeweler my husband used to reset my grandmother's diamond was later arrested for fraud, specifically for switching out real diamonds with fakes. After freaking out, we took my ring to a jewelry store to be examined and was told it was real (and quite spectacular, they added!).
10. My favorite word and color is raspberry, but I don't like to eat them.
11. I prefer hard, flat surfaces to fluffly ones when sleeping. If I had to choose between two pillows or none (because isn't that a choice that we're all faced with at some point in our lives?), I'd choose none, and I once slept on the floor for several months by choice.
12. I am known for becoming obsessed with any given food for months, and then waking up one day and hating it. I did it as a baby and still do it.
13. I was an odd child - I used to have my family clap for my last piece of food and I refused to eat oatmeal in flannel nightgowns because, well, that material isn't right for that type of food, obviously!!!
14. When my younger sister was born, the visiting nurse (did we live in the 1800's?) wrote in her file "watch out for the older sister."
15. I was in a sorority in college that apparently was quite an achievement to get into, but I never really felt like I fit in. The girls were really pretty and rich, so I was really intimidated around them.
16. I talk to barely any friends from high school and none from college. I'm not great at keeping in touch.
17. I was kind of wild in high school and college and did many things I now regret. Many things.
18. I don't drink any alcohol now for two reasons - 1) A few years ago my heart would race whenever I drank so I assume I developed some sort of allergy, and, 2) I hate the taste and stopped forcing myself to drink it once I left college and was no longer worried about what other people thought. I do love pina coladas, though, and in my pre-diet days would still have one of those about once a year.
19. I am still a fan of President Bush, despite that being very out of fashion.
20. I made my first feature-length film the summer before fifth grade. It was called Mall Madness and I served as writer, director, actor, and even composed the music (it involved a rap). It's a cinematic classic.
21. I've tested positive for mono three times and was suspected of having it a fourth time.
22. I had meningitis when I was three.
23. I really miss Chinese food on this diet. Sometimes it's all I think about.
24. I love the smell of my dog (not dogs in general.. just MY dog). I've been known to say that if I could bottle it, I'd wear it as a perfume.
25. The first time I saw my husband he was on television. I was home for a break my senior year of college and was watching the news with my younger sister when he came on. I asked her why she hadn't told me about him (if you knew my sister you'd think it was funny that I would expect her to notice and also tell me) and I told her that I was going to marry him. He, for some reason, does not believe that this actually happened, and unfortunately while my sister remembers seeing him with me, she does not remember the marriage comment.
So there you go! Hopefully you learned something new about me (my husband actually said he did!). I'll tag This Cross I Embrace, Shannon, and anyone else who wants to do it!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
25 random things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't whistle, either, and my husband loves to torment me about that!
ReplyDeleteGreat list, I totally agree about your global warming AND Bush comments. Glad to see other people giving him a break! lol I might try to do this myself tomorrow, looks like fun!!
ReplyDeleteI am known for becoming obsessed with any given food for months, and then waking up one day and hating it. I did it as a baby and still do it.
ReplyDelete^^ I do the same thing! And it stinks being on this diet b/c I'm having these issues and running out of food to eat! LOL!
I heart George W. Bush too:)
ReplyDelete