Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Checking in

I'm not sure why I haven't been posting a lot lately, at least for me. Perhaps, as I've read others remark as well lately on their blogs, my recent good mood hasn't lent itself to posting. Maybe it's because I've been unusually busy lately, handling DVD orders and even creating a Web site for a friend of my mom (if you knew me you'd think this was bizarre, but she liked my site and is paying me generously). Or maybe it is because I have become obsessed with watching the Olympics. I love all of it and I can't get enough. I talked a big game all summer about wanting to boycott it, but that hasn't worked out the way I had planned.

Whatever the reason, I just haven't felt the motivation to write. Which is weird because I have a lot of things to say. I'll get to it all sooner or later.

My big accomplishment today (or, actually, my husband's accomplishment) was putting Pay.pal up on the movie's website. In just a couple hours we've already gotten two orders.

Speaking of my husband, as I type this, he is interviewing Bar.ack Oba.ma. He was scheduled to at eight. As he was contemplating questions to ask the past couple days, I, of course, told him to ask Oba.ma why he kills babies, with a follow-up of what he'll say to them if he meets them in Heaven. That wouldn't be weird, right? Needless to say, those will not be among the questions my husband asks. Darn.

I'll let you know how it goes.


Update - So I just talked to my husband and it went really well. 'Really well' meaning he got in a bunch of questions in very little time, wasn't afraid to cut him off, and even got under his skin. I'm so proud! It was a one-on-one interview and he got three minutes. So Ry.an (because I'm tired of typing out "my husband," I will officially start using his real name) asked him about the VP because he had to, then asked him about missile defense and squeezed in two follow-ups, then asked him about values voters. So Oba.ma gave him some predictable answer about Evangelicals, but then Ry.an cut him off and said, "But what about the social issues..." but Oba.ma cut him off and said, "I think we're done here!" Then he said something like, "You got in more than you should have." Then when his press secretary brought in the next reporter and photographer, she told them they had three minutes, to which Oba.ma added, "Hopefully she'll do a better job reigning you in than she did with this guy!" referring to my husband. Isn't that great? I'm so proud of him! I'll post a picture, or possibly even video if I can, later.

9 comments:

  1. Ha! Good questions--I'd love to see that interview! :) I'm glad to hear things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the interview descriptions (the before and after) out loud to my hubby. We were both fascinated and very proud of your hubby too!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of your husband too!

    BTW, you are rught abt the Olympics! I have been glued to the TV whenever I can as well!

    Also reading up all the news report via china websites!

    Your country's Phleps is simply sensational, and I have been incredibly impressed by the China Olympians too.

    Alright, back to work for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, Ryan! Can't wait to see/read more of the interview!

    Continued prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant' wait to see more on the interview! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good for Ryan. I would have asked him what it is about the gift of human life that he finds to be a "punishment" (you know how he said that about his daughters, right? If they got pg, he wouldn't want them to be punished with a child).

    So funny about boycotting the Olympics. I almost had to do that after the couple of nights of women's gymnastics... seriously, the Chinese fall flat on their faces and score higher than the US who do things seemingly perfectly?? BS!! I was so mad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are busy. "reigning him in"....snort. Isn't that his job to get to the meat of "stuff"? Good gravy.

    ReplyDelete