Friday, July 18, 2008

Good news

That's not something I'd normally title a post on cycle day one (which today happens to be), but that shows how important this good news is. I finally got the call I'd been waiting for - I only have to take my temps and pulses once a week! Yay! I almost started crying when I heard this. I know that sounds very silly, but anyone who is or has been part of the PPVI thyroid study knows how much this medication controls your life. I'll still be taking the T3 and I still won't be able to eat for six hours a day, but that's fine. It's good enough that I won't have to carry around my folder with my temp and pulse chart and my thermometer, hear my cell phone alarm go off all day and stop what I'm doing each time. I will also no longer have to feel guilty about missing my temp times and taking them at like 11 p.m. midnight and 1 a.m., something I've done many times (don't tell PPVI!).

That's not the only good news today. I also have now officially lost 20.2 pounds! And that means my current weight has now entered a new bracket, if you know what I mean. For instance, my weight is 1_9 (sorry, I'm not low enough yet that I want to post the exact weight!). It was very exciting to see that on the scale!

And there's even more fun news. Last night I met my first infertility blogger friend in person! Amber and I met for dinner and had a great time (despite the fact the there was a baby shower going on right next to us - how funny is that?). She's moving to Richmond and will even be going to the same parish as me. She is super cool, and it's nice to talk to someone who knows exactly what you're going through.

So as I mentioned, today is cycle day one, although I'm kind of confused whether yesterday may have been instead. Three days ago I had spotting, two days ago I had no spotting, and yesterday I had spotting but also saw clear, lubricative and stretchy mucus. So does yesterday still get a red sticker, which would make it the first day of the cycle? It always bugs me when I have to do that. I'm not sure why, but it just does. It's like I have to rob days from my luteal phase (which I really want to be longer) and tack them onto the beginning, which does no good.

Anyways, now that it's over, this cycle was pretty good. It was 29 days long (or 28, if yesterday was actually cd1), my luteal phase was 12 days (or 11), I had one peak day again (yay!), and seven days of mucus. And when I entered my temps into Fertility Friend, it said it detected ovulation, which it did not say last month. I suspect I did ovulate last month as well, but this just means my temps are getting more normal and normal is good!

In even more good news, I'm not depressed that today is cd1. That's big. I usually want to do something fun to get my mind off of it, but today I'm fine. I'm focusing on the fact that things look much more normal and I know my body is slowly getting on track. I have to give it time, and for the next four months or so, I really need to be patient. And at least for today, I'm okay with that.

8 comments:

  1. Ugh :( I'm sorry I had to be all cheer-leadery on you and get your hopes up. But I'm SO glad to see how strong you are in beginning this new cycle. That's actually a good ? about the CD 1 thing... my GUESS would be that you would be fine in counting today as CD 1, since the "break" with no spotting probably was a day of shedding, but it just didn't "make it down," ya know? So then, 3 or more days belongs to the previous cycle.

    Awesome news about the temps, too, woo woo! I don't know if you've read my suicidal blog lately... but I just watched a great inspirational movie (I'll blog about it tomorrow) and feel much better. Reading your blog also helps me get out of the rut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and I was going to say that last Sept. I met up with 3 of my dearest "online" friends from BabyZone TTC boards. It was one of the best experiences of my life- - we also did a photo shoot, since one of the girls is a photographer- called "Trash the Dress." We took photos all over Chicago in our wedding gowns! It was amazing, and I know that you and Amber meeting up must have been just as special for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are on the right track in more ways than one!
    You are a great role model for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through Shannon's and am so inspired by your pro-Catholic approach to your infertility. I've just read the last few posts, but am full of hope for your situation and the outcome of a precious life. God bless you and the many women you inspire!

    On another note, I was thrilled to see you live in the Richmond area. My family just moved here after my hub graduated from Notre Dame Law. We are a committed Catholic clan and just settled out in Glen Allen and joined St. Bridget's. Would love to link up with other Catholic women in the area!!!

    Blessings to you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to come and read about you feeling happy, and having a meeting with a new friend. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I owe you an email...
    my apologies. This week has been crazy with school.

    How is your husband doing?
    I'm glad to read your post. Praise God for a good day for you!

    I'm optimistic for you! I'll continue to lift up my "waiting" for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered your blog and found it fasinating. I too am Catholic and will be moving to the Richmond area next april. I'm not sure if you have heard of the NFP board over at delphi forums. Its a predominantly catholic board that deals with natural family planning and life in general! Some of the women there have been treated at Dr Hilgers also. I wish you well on your journey.
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/nfptalk/start
    Cara

    ReplyDelete