So there are a bunch of things about which I keep thinking "Oh, I should blog about that" but never do. So tonight I'm going to cover them all... Not because I think you so desperately need this information, but because then my mind will feel all cleared out and orderly. And then I can stop writing blog entries in my head as I'm grocery shopping (do you think in blog entries too?). So here they are, in no particular order:
My laparatomy scar is itching REALLY badly lately. Just wanted to point this out. And it's huge and vertical. Just wanted to point that out as well.
I've been very busy lately working on my movie, in particular, the DVD label and jacket artwork, and promoting the upcoming premiere. One day I'm worried we overestimated the premiere turnout and the next we're worried we've greatly underestimated it. But, as a woman who is helping me with it pointed out, we just need to trust that God will work it all out.
Good news - I am doing an interview tomorrow with the local diocesan newspaper about the movie premiere. Yay! The bad news - I have to wake up early so as to not have the reporter wake me up and ask, "Did I wake you?" to which I would reply, groggily, "No, of course not." How come they always know?
On the same topic, because I am the owner of two blogs (three actually, but the third states my actual weight, which will never be for public consumption), one much more popular than the other, I need to ask you to visit my less-popular blog in the interest of fairness. Its feelings are getting hurt. Actually, we only just started updating it, which we plan to do at least every other day now. And an extra-added bonus if you visit - you get to find out my first name. How can you resist that? Okay, here's the link.
My toe nail fell off. The big one. It hurt like a son of a gun for about a week before it fell off and as soon as it stopped hurting, it fell off. So what does it look like now? Well, it looks fine, amazingly and grossly, all at the same time (a toe without a nail shouldn't look normal!). And it would look like nothing was wrong at all if I wasn't so lazy as to not remove my red polish from my other nine toes. I'm that lazy. I'm considering going to get a pedicure and giving the technician a little surprise.
I'm starting to notice a trend - I have my clearest, stetchiest and greatest quanitity of mucus two days before my temperature peaks and two days before the mucus stops. I'm guessing this has something to do my estrogen doing what it's supposed to do a couple days before my progesterone does what it's supposed to do. But what does that mean? I'm having a difficult time wrapping my mind around what is going on down there. I guess it just means the timing is off and I should leave it at that.
I somehow managed today to convince my husband to make a deal with me that if I went to the mall by myself, he'd clean the house. What?! I know, I'm a lucky girl and a good negotiator.
My husband's back got sore mopping tonight. Good negotiator, bad wife.
I successfully slipcovered a chair today.
I'm officially getting sick of vegetables, low-carb pasta, Splenda, and light butter (not good news for my life-style changing, permanent, forever and ever and ever, diet). I'm still eating the latter three, but as for my go-to veggies - squash, zucchini and broccoli - I'm taking a few days off. They were starting to make me gag.
Alright, if you made it this far, I appreciate that. I feel refreshed.
venting is good for all of us and you are definitely intitled!
ReplyDeleteouch for the big toe! hey, you could always get some cute closed-toed flats! buying shoes always makes me feel better!
(The link to your movie blog is not working) Good luck with the premiere!
ReplyDeleteYour laparotomy incision is vertical?? Can you see it when wearing a bathing suit? I would hate that. Mine's bad enough, 6 inches horizontal. (Not to mention DARK red/brown, because my body decided to have an allergic reaction to the stitch-like sutures.)
ReplyDeleteI already knew your first name, but that's because I'm a stalker.
There's a reason the definition for Peak day is not the day of greatest quantity- don't read too much into amounts, etc, you'll drive yourself crazy! Just consider yourself lucky you have one cervix to give you these signs (I just got a client who has 2 uteruses and 2 cervixes... whaaaa??? Oh, and she has a 2 yr old, who was conceived on day 3 of her cycle- the only day they BD'd that cycle. Tell me that's not God rubbing it in my face!!)
Ouch about the big toe nail. You should definately go for a pedicure... and ask them to paint your skin on that toe. Lol!
Yes, you can see it if I were to wear a bathing suit (I also had a reaction so mine is a pretty pink/purple), but since I do the public a favor by not wearing bathing suits, it's not a problem. And if I did, that would be the least of my worries!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the peak day info.. And two uteruses?? Wow!