Shannon at A Friend of Gianna shared this prayer on her blog recently and I thought it was perfect for the struggle of infertility. I hope it can offer help to someone who happens to read it today...
Your Cross
The everlasting God has in His wisdom foreseen from
eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift
from His inmost heart. This cross He now sends you He
has considered with His all-knowing eyes, understood with
His divine mind, tested with His wise justice, warmed with
loving arms and weighed with His own hands to see that it
be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for
you. He has blessed it with His holy Name, anointed it with
His consolation, taken one last glance at you and your courage,
and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from
God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God.
-St. Francis de Sales
The everlasting God has in His wisdom foreseen from
eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift
from His inmost heart. This cross He now sends you He
has considered with His all-knowing eyes, understood with
His divine mind, tested with His wise justice, warmed with
loving arms and weighed with His own hands to see that it
be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for
you. He has blessed it with His holy Name, anointed it with
His consolation, taken one last glance at you and your courage,
and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from
God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God.
-St. Francis de Sales
That is awesome! I'm stealing it (does that count as a sin?) Lol!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great prayer! Since you, Shannon, and this_cross_I_embrace already have it up on your blogs, I'll resist the temptation to post it on mine, too!
ReplyDeleteI really needed to hear this! Thank you,
ReplyDeleteAmber
That is a very moving prayer :D I am soo stealing it, printing it out, and going to read it everyday. Thanks for sharing :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this!
ReplyDeleteI have probably read the prayer at least 100 times in my life... and I intend to read it many more...
That's just what I needed this morning. Thank yoU!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to post it on my blog and share it with my close girlfriends who are also struggling w/ IF.
What a wonderful prayer! It has special meaning for me as my husband and just joined St Francis de Sales parish in our area! I am going to print it out and read it daily! :) Thank you!
ReplyDelete