I usually don't go this long between posts because I tend to have a lot of free time to write on this blog (which, I'm sure, makes for very exciting blog posts!), but we visited my in-laws for a couple days for a belated Mother's Day visit. Now we're back and I can get you all up to date on the minutia of my life.
First off, this cycle is oddly mimicking a "normal" cycle. It's cycle day 19 today and other than the fact that I went straight from red stickers to white stickers (due to a couple days of spotting), I had seven days of mucus (days eight through 14), then three dry days. On the first dry day my morning temp spiked (I don't normally use temps, but I'm required to keep track of them for my thyroid medication). It's been elevated ever since. Yesterday I had yellow mucus one time (which I had a couple times last cycle during the luteal phase. Anyone know what that may mean?) and so far none today. So for the first time in a long time, I may actually get to use a green sticker today! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed)
I have to assume that if my cycle is beginning to do the things that a healthy person's cycle should do, then I might be getting healthier. Makes sense, right? I know my prolactin is normal (which, I realized today, makes me so darn blessed. A lot of people don't respond to medication and some even have to have surgery on a tumor in their pituitary) and I know I am eating right, although I'm not sure if it is too early on in the diet for it to have a positive effect on my hormones.
Secondly, and speaking of the diet, I have lost eight pounds! Granted, my scale was kind of broken when I started. But I weighed myself on my in-laws scale yesterday and my mother-in-law says her scale is exactly right. She says she weighs the same on it as she does on her doctor's scale. If we are to assume her doctor's scale is 100% right and my doctor's scale was 100% right, then that also confirms that I have lost eight pounds. I'm going with it. And it also means my goal of losing fifteen pounds by June 17 is looking like a real possibility.
I will reiterate that I love this diet. We love the food we eat, I don't crave any foods (other than fruit sometimes), and I don't lament over all the fried food I can't have. It's like my taste buds have changed. And fitting in smaller sized clothes goes a long way towards keeping you on track, that's for sure. It's like I can't get dressed for the day without trying on all my "skinny" jeans/capris/skirts just for a quick check at my progress and today I noticed my shirts are even getting looser on me.
Thirdly, my attitude continues to remain positive. I constantly marvel at God's goodness, because it's like I'm not use to this new me. I can play with babies, hear about pregnancies, see children at Mass, and experience Mother's Day without a twinge of jealousy and it surprises me each and every time! The other day someone said something to me that you shouldn't say to an infertile woman (imagine whatever comment you'd like). The old me would have been hurt and the words would have cut me like a knife. The old me would have been sent into a depression lasting at least a few days. But the new me didn't care. I realized at that moment that I no longer can expect everyone around me to be constantly thinking of my feelings. That would be considerate on their part, but to expect it would be egotistical on mine. They're not in my world and I can't assume my feelings are always on the top of their mind. They aren't required to put every comment through the filter of infertility. Plus, I'm glad they aren't in my world and I sure as heck don't want them to know what this can feel like. I wouldn't want anyone to. I'd rather they live a carefree life without having to think about themselves or others being childless. To drag others into my world would be selfish. So the comment didn't hurt me because the person had no intention of hurting me. It's my decision whether or not to be hurt by something, and I don't want to choose that ever again. It's just such a 180 from where I was. And for that I thank God.
This blog post is the best ever! I am so happy to hear how well things are going for you.
ReplyDeleteI need to adopt that same mindset regarding other people's lack of sensitivities to what we are going through. They certainly don't mean harm, so why let things bother us?
Also, that diet sounds awesome! Good for you! I wouldn't be surprised if it is already helping your cycles to normalize. Who knows? Maybe this is your month! So far, it looks pretty good!
Yeah! for all the positives happening for you right now! I remember the first time I had a "regular" cycle (or at least close to one) I danced for joy. It is very stressful when your body doesn't work properly.
ReplyDeleteAlso, fyi, I started the candida diet at the beginning of a cycle, had lost about 7 pounds by the time I ovulated (and 10 by the end of the month), and then found out I was pg (with this pregnancy) at the end of that 2ww... I really think that the diet helped some! Sometimes things do work quickly... especially if the food you used to eat was inhibiting your body's ability to function properly. If you remove that obstacle, your body has a better shot at thriving.
It's really good to hear you happy!
Your cycle sounds awesome!! :) I'm also a continuous mucus gal, and usually a no-ovulater (or very late only on meds), and this cycle I Peaked on day 17, woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteYour attitude about the infertility is also very inspiring. I've noticed that kind of "peace" with everything lately, too. I think Creighton has a lot to do with that... seeing, charting, and respecting your fertility every month just works some kind of magic in couples, where the realization ultimately sets in that God is in control. And with God in control, what else can we ask for, right?
yay! i'm so happy that this cycle is going well for you!
ReplyDeletei hope that i have some good news to report after my appointment with my napro doc!