For some reason the devil is all about me today! All day long I have felt like he is right behind me trying to pull me down, which is odd, because I'm not usually sad this time of my cycle. This afternoon, just when I'm starting to feel like you can tell I've lost weight, I started thinking I looked fat. And then, everytime I saw something online about someone being pregnant, having a baby or artificially impregnating some older lady (Ashlee Simpson, the kid from Hanson, and Clay Aiken, respectively) I started to feel twinges of jealousy (okay, maybe not about the Clay Aiken story, but you get the point). Luckily, I remembered that wanttobeamom had suggested a few days ago that I should pray to St. Michael when this happens. So I did, and I did start feeling better afterwards.
As for my cycle, it is day nine and I'm still spotting. I go through so many red stickers! PPVI increased my dosage of T3 today, which I'll start in a few days when I get the new pills in the mail. My temp and pulse have been okay lately, so I'm no longer concerned about the side effects. Now let's just hope everything stays okay with the higher dose. My husband is not too happy about this medication, though. It costs money, which is fine, but when you aren't sure the medication is helping it becomes harder to part with the cash. Mainly, I think he is a little suspect of why I am in the study to begin with, since my new doctor said I don't fit the bill at all. I'm going to stay on it for now, but I'm going to ask my new doctor what he thinks at my next appointment. My main concern right now is that I don't feel ANY different. If I had to fill out the symptom check list today, it would be exactly the same as when I filled it out before taking the medication. If anything, I am MORE exhausted than ever before.
Speaking of being tired, I am still waiting for my low g.i. diet to improve my energy level. Does anyone know how long this takes? I'm kind of wondering if perhaps my blood sugar is now too low, but I don't understand enough about it to even begin to figure that out. All I know is that my energy level ranges from exhaustion to feeling like I've been hit by a bus. I use to think that was because I wasn't getting any exercise, but now we take a vigorous walk every day (I know that's not exactly two hours at the gym, but it's a huge improvement for me and I can already tell that it's helping my weight loss).
Well, I'm off now to make a delicious low g.i. dinner!
I'm glad St. Michael helped you! He has been a great help to me. I have done a diet similar to the one you're doing, but not quite the same. I didn't have as many energy problems as you are having. Could your thyroid issues be contributing to your low energy?? I'm sorry I don't know enough about either your diet or thyroid problems to make any more intelligent suggestions....
ReplyDeleteI found this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/PCOS-success.html
Seems pretty useful reading.
Take care!
Hi! I was also a patient at PPVI - and taking the T3 (with all that crazy temperature/pulse monitoring as well :). My mom has thyroid issues, and found some help with supplements (she takes a different form, I think it is called Armour), anyway, so I was hopeful it would help (with infertility, and other symptoms - tiredness, headaches, etc.). When we adopted our sweet baby girl, I was so TIRED of all that stuff and really needed a break, so I just stopped taking it. But, I wanted to tell you, during the 6 months or so I took it, I didn't notice any difference in my symptoms from that checklist either. Hence, why it didn't seem a big deal for me to stop taking it. Now, I'm not charting at all anymore, but just from general observations, not much seems different about my cycles. It is late, so I hope this makes sense -- but I wanted to comment now so I wouldn't forget to come back later and do it! :) Anyway, I'm definitely not saying the T3 isn't worth trying (I know the thyroid can affect so many things), just wanted to share my experience...sorry for the long comment! Please know you are in my prayers... :)
ReplyDeleteIs it the meds making you tired or are you sure its the diet? Did you try adding 1/2 a baked potatoe with lunch for some carbs?
ReplyDeletenikjaye - I don't think the medication and/or diet are actually causing me to be tired, I just am surprised neither is giving me energy yet. I thought that was the point of both.
ReplyDeleteI actually ate some potatoes last night for the first time since starting the diet (and didn't care for them at all!). I do eat some carbs, in wholewheat pasta and wholewheat, high fiber bread, so I think I'm ok in that department.
I just prayed to St. Michael for you (and me!).
ReplyDeleteI just know that God is carrying us along right now.
I can relate to how you feel about all the celebrity pregnancies, and I don't think you should be too hard on yourself for that. It can be slightly annoying when pregnancy is viewed as the "trend" and not a gift.
On the other hand, I realize we have to take every thought captive to Christ, as the scriptures say.
I am going to try my best to do what Shannon said and give this entire cycle over to God in a new way.
I will redouble my prayers for you this month.
I'm probably going to hell for saying this, but if think living with infertility is so much better than carrying Clay Aiken's baby. Blech! Just looking at him gives me morning sickness!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it's funny you brought up the T3. I haven't noticed too much change on it, either... but it's also been about a week since I've taken one (I ran out and didn't get to order them before Mem. Day weekend), and now I do tend to get more tired, etc. So maybe they are helping me, who knows? Definately not helping with my hair loss, though.
I think it's so funny how so many of us are on the same cycles right now :) I'm on CD 9 today, too.
thanks for your post on my blog. you really made me feel better :)
ReplyDelete