Saturday, May 24, 2008

Feeling better

I just didn't want to leave that last post up on the top of my blog. And I am feeling better. I think God helped me to quit feeling sorry for myself tonight by showing me the tragedy of others. While hopping from blog to blog I found myself reading tragic story after tragic story. Like, really tragic. I don't think this was a coincidence. So I was reminded not only of how much worse it could be, but of how so many people in horrible situations are able to live with their suffering. I can't let it bring me down, even if for only a couple days a month. I also think I often feel better when I am praying for others, instead of wallowing in my own sadness.

So let's hope I can sustain this improved attitude. If it's due to hormones, then that should be easy because they should be shifting around very soon. And this month should be a good one.. I've got my doctor's appointment and hormone series test results, and then there's my sister-in-laws wedding and a visit to my parents' house. Hopefully there will be more weight loss too. But I am not going to dwell on that! I promise. Or at least I'll try not to...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I just wanted to share with you that when I start feeling all kinds of despair and hopelessness I try to determine where it is coming from. Usually I feel like it is the devil trying to pull me away from trusting God. In those cases the prayer to St. Michael is the best prayer ever! I can't tell you how many times St. Michael has helped/saved me! There was a period of about 6 weeks recently where I felt like the devil was attacking me during the night, every night, even in my dreams. St. Michael was literally a God-send. I highly encourage you to pray to your guardian angel and to St. Michael to help you during times of internal struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read all your posts over the last few days. I am sorry there have been some difficult times for you. If it makes you feel any better, I am right there with ya.

    Also, I will be praying for us both especially hard and often this cycle. I think we both really need it.

    ReplyDelete