Friday, May 23, 2008

It's that time again

It seems like it was just a month ago that it was cycle day one. Well, 27 days to be exact. I guess technically I might have to wait a few hours to make sure it's not just another day of spotting but I'm pretty confident in my assessment that a new cycle has begun.

Yesterday I was having another gloomy day. I wasn't in a deep despair by any means, just a little down, bored, tired, etc. (and it had nothing to do with the impending new cycle beginning, honestly.. other than the fact that it was probably caused by hormones related to that), so I took my second walk of the day and prayed. Well I know I shouldn't be surprised, but God answered my prayers and by the end of the walk I was out of the funk and felt like a weight had been lifted. It constantly amazes me how that happens.

Still no weight loss this morning, but when does the bloating go away, anyways? When your new cycle starts? After your period? I know I shouldn't be obsessing about weight loss. That's not why I'm on this diet.

So I will collect my last saliva sample today and overnight it tomorrow. The test alone costs like $163 plus the shipping. That's a lot! Well, I guess it's not a lot when compared to the costs of procedures that insurance pays and I think I can submit it to insurance after the fact. But it's a lot when I'm trying to make forty bucks stretch til Tuesday. We've been blessed to not have any credit card debt, but this will probably be one of those times where we break out the card. (Sidenote - our lack of credit card debt, which was scarily high just a year ago, is a testament to the power of prayer. I'm serious. Try it, because amazing things can happen.)

Well gotta go, it's time now for Sophie's favorite time of the day - our walk. Actually, I think it's tied with sleeping for her. She really loves sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment