Maybe it was hormones, maybe it was the confetti, maybe it was the fact that producers lied about the "biggest star in the world" making an appearance (sorry, George Michael), but the American Idol finale left me in tears. I was a Jason Castro supporter until he was kicked off (and yes, very happy he reprised 'Hallelujah', but was I the only one waiting for some big name to come out and duet with him? Ray LaMontagne, or Damien Rice, perhaps? Missed opportunity, Fox. And speaking of Jason, did you catch him getting a bit too close to the pyro at the end of the first number? Be careful with the dreads!). After Jason left, I became a David Cook fan. Yes, Archuleta was great too, but I just wish he wasn't so "adult contemporary" at the ripe age of 17. I just think David Cook is so nice, and how sad is it that his brother has brain cancer? All I keep thinking is how hard it must be for that family, especially for their mom. One of her sons is on the top of the world, while the other is possibly dying. So, anyways, that explains my tears I guess.
Okay, so AI is out of the way and Fox's very best reality talent competition can now begin - So You Think You Can Dance! That's right. I love it. If you've never watched, give it a try. You won't be disappointed. Unless you hate dancing.
Back to infertility now.. I came across a great blog tonight that maybe you all already know about, but it's new to me. It's called The Apostolate of Hannah's Tears. It's a Catholic infertility/adoption blog and offers links to several great resources. One part I found especially interesting was a list of patron saints of childless couples. Since I happen to get a lot of visitors who find my site after googling "patron saint of infertility," I thought I'd post the list: St. Anne Line, St. Catherine of Genoa, St. Colette, St. Gummarus, St. Henry II, St. Julian the Hospitaller, St. Agnes of Rome, St. Gianna Beretta Molla, St. Nicolas of Myra, and Sts. Perpetua and Felicity.
And now I just realized that when people land on my site in the future via a "patron saint of infertility" search, they'll forever be forced to first read my American Idol review, wondering what this blog has to do with infertility. Well, if you made it this far, just consider it an extra treat.
Thanks so much for the link to that blog. I will definitely be checking it out!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love SYTYCD! I agree it is the best of the shows out there like it. I just love the routines they do! I'm so happy it is back tonight!