My new doctor called me today (himself) with the results of my blood work and it was good news! He said everything was normal, I'm not anemic, nothing is out of the ordinary. My thyroid is normal. And my prolactin is normal! So the medication has worked. He also said the blood work shows I definitely have PCOS. It was funny because my reaction to that news was one of excitement. Then I wondered, is that an odd reaction? But just as I had that thought, the doctor commented that it is definitely good news (which, by the way, is because it is treatable).
So needless to say, the call made me very happy. I have so much hope and I am still feeling so peaceful (thank God!). I know things can change and hormones can fluctuate, but it's been two weeks now since I've felt better and that's roughly half a cycle. So I'm hoping this new found peace and ability to trust has more to do with God and less to do with hormones. I've never felt this good this long, and I believe it's because I wholeheartedly gave it over to him. I should have done this sooner!
Oh I'm so very happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd P says that there has been great success with the use of Metformin to treat PCOS. I am sure your new doctor is all over that though!
This means that you will be in treatment very soon and on your way to conceiving.
yay! it's so great to hear your good news!
ReplyDeletereading your post today has given me some hope for my doctor's visit next week.