For the first time in a while, I actually know that I am in the two-week wait. Usually, I just have mucus straight through and have no idea if I should be two-week-waiting or not. So today I am on day 22 of my cycle and I'm eight days past my "ovulatory event." This said "ovulatory event" actually occurred on day 14. Go figure! That's textbook! In the past, my Creighton instructor has asked me when I thought my peak day was (not that this should always be determined by gut instinct, but I often have excess mucus and a gut feeling may be useful). If I had to say what I thought this cycle, I would definitely say day 12. That was the day that saw the most peak-type mucus, the clearest, the greatest quantity. Not sure what that means, though, for the two days following that also saw peak-type mucus, just less of it and cloudier. And my temp spiked the morning after day 14, not day 12. All I know is that I've had a week of dry days which can only be positive (it's kind of ironic that I'm happy about being able to use my "infertile day" stickers finally. Ha! Every chart I've ever filled out should just be full of green stickers!).
Did I mention I'm doing a saliva test? I spit into a vial every two or three days. The other day I had to do it at my in-laws on the way home from Olive Garden, as I drove my in-laws' car. That's not easy, or classy. I am SO excited to get the results when this cycle is over, and I'm pretty sure it tests all your important hormones and how they fluctuate throughout your cycle. I'll find out the results at my doctor's appointment in June.
Another interesting development - I've been looking into baby names. Why, you ask? I'm not sure. I just have felt like it. I think it's all part of my new and improved attitude. I haven't thought about names in years. It was too hard to think about it. But now, it doesn't bother me. As I told my husband, one way or another we're having kids, so why not talk about names? Plus, I decided I need to choose a saint's name for a baby and then if I don't already have a devotion to him or her, I can start one. The interesting part, though, is that none of this causes me depression or anxiety. I'm not left feeling sorry for myself or worried it will never happen. Weird, huh?
One more thing. We were outside an abortion clinic for a little bit this morning, shooting video for a promotion for our pro-life group's upcoming 40 Days for Life campaign. I'd never been there on a Saturday morning, one of their "busiest" times, so I'd never seen girls go in and out. The few times I've had the guts to go, I made sure I went in the evenings, when there was less of a chance there would be clients or staff around. Anyways, a couple cars pulled in and out today. We were just there to do the promo, so we weren't in a position to talk to the people, but it was the first time I saw anyone who was there, possibly, to have an abortion. To think that they are blessed enough to be fertile and that they have a chance to welcome into their lives what would be an enormous blessing if they just gave it a chance (despite the fact that they and society consider it a "punishment"), is just too much. I almost can't let myself think of the connections between abortion and infertility, or it might be too difficult to be involved in pro-life activities. And that's not an option, because there are too many babies who need saving. God, bless these women as they are faced with what they call a problem, and I call a dream. May they make the right choice, and may you comfort all those who realize too late that they have not.
First I just wanted to say how incredibly EXCITED and HOPEFUL I am for you. Seriously, I think that your cycle is normalizing. This is wonderful!!!! Praise be to God.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I just wanted to say thank you for your encouraging words on my last post. It really helps so much to gain some outside perspective when times are tough and the three comments I got were exactly what I needed to hear.
I do hope that one day I will have the privilege of meeting you and your husband in person!!
Praying for you this cycle!
Oh and one more thing: I think it's pretty crazy that you and I are on the exact same cycle to the DAY! We even ovulated on the same day! (By the way I really believe you ovulated this cycle). How crazy is that?
ReplyDeleteHmmm... not sure if this is significant but I guess we'll soon see!
thanks for your message on my blog, especially your words of wisdom for my "funk".... I so appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteAlso...keeping you in my prayers!!!
Awesome news about your cycle!! I used to have all kinds of Peak-type mucus (variable return) due to anovulaton for a long time. And I know what you mean about being happy to actually chart the green stamps post-Peak! I'm so excited about your chart getting better and better!
ReplyDeleteRemember, too, that the definition of the Peak Day is the LAST day, not the most quantity ;) IMO, you probably peaked on day 14 (so awesome!)
That must have been so hard at the abortion clinic, too. I probably would have broke down in your shoes.
Ask your Creighton pracitioner to do your mucus cycle scores next time you meet with her... basically, it gives us an average # over the 6 days leading up to peak, and that number will either fall into the regular, limited, or dry category. If it's continually limited, your practitioner or Dr can recommend some mucus enhancers (practitioners can recommend B6 vitamin, which helps the cervix to utilize the body's estrogen better), and Drs can Rx other things if the B6 doesn't help.
ReplyDelete